Author Topic: Being Practical: Say for a moment (shudder) it is Romney come 2012...  (Read 4616 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Being Practical: Say for a moment (shudder) it is Romney come 2012...
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 03:29:45 PM »
My money is still on a Romney/Huntsman ticket.
Meh, it doesn't matter any more. It is too late to ave the republic, it is now only a matter of time and how deep the bottom will be. Romney (or anyone else) getting in may delay it a few more years. Obama getting a 2nd term will make the crash a little sooner.
I'm all for getting it over and maybe I'll live long enough to see a better country come of it.
We have far too many parasites,both full time and part time for the status-quo to continue for more than a handful of years at the outside.
The only way to fix it is to let the parasites either become productive or starve out. I don't care which.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »
Is that the buzzkill ticket?  =D

My view is about as bleak as yours, RKL.  I think America is, tragically, about to have a nervous breakdown.  It has yet to comprehend that it is clinging to various self-destructive illusions about immigration, consumerism, free trade, education, and suffrage that are in fact the engine of its demise.  This is going to be painful.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 06:00:46 PM »
Bleak isn't the word for it, depressing(or depression) is more like it.  4 more years of Barry or 4, maybe 8 years of Romney. [barf]
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 06:55:27 AM »
Romney and Obama are basically the same result. There is more difference between some Republican candidates than in between Obama and Romney. There's the "two party system" at work for you.

The ultra corrupt finance industry really, really, really likes him. http://www.opensecrets.org/pres12/contrib.php?id=N00000286&cycle=2012 He is their boy in the 2012 race, getting waaaay more from them than any other Republican candidate. Obama comes in second for Too-Big-to-fail contributions. So if Romney gets elected, expect more bailouts, socialization of private bank debt, courtesy of US Taxpayers, and plenty of get-out-of-jail-free cards for the likes of people like Jon "I dunno where the 1.2B went" Corzine.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 10:22:02 AM »
There comes a point where reality sets in.   That will no doubt come after the next Presidential Election.  I would not write any possibility off at this juncture.  Anyone who thinks that a Romney, Obama, or Gingrich will just steer this ship through The New Normal is dreaming.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »
I didn't vote for mccain, I was registered in NV but in CA during the election.
No way I'm missing out this time.

I wasn't a huge fan of Bush but his scotus picks helped save the COTUS  & the life of everyone who may have to use a gun to protect themselves.

We can not let B.O near anymore SCOTUS  picks, its urgent to support any R candidate. If B.O gets four more people will die because of his scotus picks will overturn Heller/McDonald.

Its absolutely urgent for us to put aside our differences and keep our gains made in the RKBA movement.

Freedom and survival are about more than just the 2A.

Nothing Obama does will cause me to:
1. Turn in my guns.
2. Stop carrying to protect myself.

Romney (R) SCOTUS picks will be the type to support TARP bailouts, support Romney/Obamacare, support RINO-ism, support Patriot Acts, support foreign Expedition-ism, and in all ways support the Great War on [insert pet Statist cause here]. 

I won't support those causes.  Ron Paul, whether GOP or libertarian, will be my choice.  Or a comparable freedom-oriented candidate that wants to SLASH fed budgets.

I think America is, tragically, about to have a nervous breakdown.  It has yet to comprehend that it is clinging to various self-destructive illusions about immigration, consumerism, free trade, education, and suffrage that are in fact the engine of its demise.  This is going to be painful.

Suffrage... quite possibly true.

Taxation without representation caused the strife that created this country... representation without taxation may be the herald of its demise.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!