Author Topic: Army LTC calls for civlian disarmament  (Read 6297 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Army LTC calls for civlian disarmament
« on: December 04, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2013/12/current-serving-army-ltc-and-small-wars.html

Just...  :facepalm:

Here's the original article where the condescending ahole showcases truly amazing quantities of stupidity. I also note that he's the RE-est of REMF's so his "I kill people for a living" spiel is pretty pathetic. http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/bateman-on-guns-120313
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:40:52 PM by Balog »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

brimic

• friends
Re: Army LTC calls for civlian disarmament
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:47:48 PM »
c. Bolt-action rifles with a magazine capacity no greater than five rounds. Like I said, hunting is valid. But if you cannot bring down a defenseless deer in under five rounds, then you have no fking reason to be holding a killing tool in the first place.
No worries. My hunting rifle will bring down a deer with one shot just as it would your fat foppish ass.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:50:42 PM »
Yeah, the exemption for the preferred tool for selective target elimination at range was pretty hilarious. "You can't own one of those dangerous Lorcin .22's, but a .338 Lapua capable of minute of LTC at 600 yards? Totally cool."

I need to dig up that Small Wars Journal article that was about how to violently suppress an uprising in America. Scary how many of the Army brass seem to be gearing up to fight Americans.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 11:00:51 PM »
Lieutenant Colonel? Look over his left pocket -- cripes, I had dang near that many ribbons after a single term of enlistment with one year in Vietnam.

Waste of oxygen ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 12:18:45 AM »
Wow, the country's  been at war for over 10 years and this guy made O-5 with a slick sleeve.  His highest award being a Defense Superior Service Medal?!?!?!?

Okay LTC Widebody, step aside and let real men and Americans do the job here.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 12:32:10 AM »
His short bio; not sure what to make of it. All Guard time?

Bob was born in Lawrence, Massachusetts, and raised in Lawrence and York Harbor, Maine. He is a colonel, Army Division, New York Guard. <snip>  He is the founder and president of Alliance Defense Marketing Associates. Bob and his wife Camille reside in New York City.
Copyright © 2011 by Robert J. Bateman and GAR Media LLC.

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Robert-Bateman/1584725228

bob

eta. The New York Guard   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Guard
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 12:35:51 AM by BobR »

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »
OK , if that's what he wants to try, is OK with me. Half of America would have a new and exciting hobby!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 08:24:56 AM »
Uh....  Molan Labe, dude.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 09:32:04 AM »
Holy shyt... he's an LTC in a State Militia (not NG), that has no acknowledgement of validity in COTUS or 2A?

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

His militia is not acknowledged as "well regulated" by COTUS or 2A.  They need to be disarmed forthwith, according to his logic.  Of course, he neglects the whole use of the term "people" rather than "militia" in the second half of the sentence. 

And heck, if you want to throw the modernistic use of "regulated" in there to mean controlled/restrained rather than trained, then you've got a different conundrum!  2A would CLEARLY say:  Keeping the militia in check being a damned good idea, people have the right to own and carry guns.

No matter how you read the 1903 militia act or the 2A, you still can't escape the fact that the second half of 2A says "people."  And "people" means all of us in every other phrase it appears, in COTUS and BoR.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 10:22:49 AM »
No matter how you read the 1903 militia act or the 2A, you still can't escape the fact that the second half of 2A says "people."  And "people" means all of us in every other phrase it appears, in COTUS and BoR.

It also depends on the definition of 'people.' There are 'elites' who don't think of conservatives/libertarians/rurals/Christians/etc as 'people' but as chattel to be used and ruled over.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 10:36:11 AM »
If this guy is a "lieutenant colonel" then I'm an admiral LOL
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »

http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Robert-Bateman/1584725228

FWIW That doesn't appear to be the same guy.  Several links refer to the author as a serving officer in the Army.  There is, in fact, a LTC Robert L Bateman in the army (I looked him up in our email system) and the guy that wrote the article has several bio notes that the zoominfo guy doesn't.  (war college and the like)

The Army is not immune to having wrongheadedness in it's ranks.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 12:44:33 PM »

LTC Bateman needs to be charged under Conduct Unbecoming, as well as a Letter of Reprimand added to his file. Pondering writing to Congresscritters, Secretary of Defense and Secretary of the Army to ask their opinions of serving commissioned officers who refuse to support and uphold the Constitution in a written policy statement while using their official rank.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 01:05:28 PM »
This is just another version of the "I'm the only one profeshunal enough..." mentality that people who wear government issued costumes tend to suffer from.

"Uh, Uh, I get to kill people because the State tells me too so it's OK so I'm the only one profeshunal enough to haz guns and stuff.. uh..." :police:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
LTC Bateman needs to be charged under Conduct Unbecoming, as well as a Letter of Reprimand added to his file . . .
In consideration of what I've read the C-in-C is doing to the officer corps, it wouldn't surprise me if LTC Bateman's name has been added to the C-in-C's short list for promotion to general.

At least, it wouldn't surpise me if that possible opportunity crossed LTC Bateman's mind before he made his statement.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 02:58:07 PM »
So which Bateman is it? The picture of the guy on the right in the first link, supposedly Bateman, is that an Army uniform?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 03:53:07 PM »
So which Bateman is it? The picture of the guy on the right in the first link, supposedly Bateman, is that an Army uniform?

In the sipseystreets link he is the one on the right.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 04:24:28 PM »
I've often wondered about the periodic meaning behind the word "security" as it pertains to the 2A.

Of course we have our modern definition of "security" but it seems to me that back in the day, security meant more that something would not be changed, or it would remain in the state that it is in.

Could "necessary to the security of a free state" be re-written into modern speech as "necessary to keep a free state free"?

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 07:09:17 PM »
In the sipseystreets link he is the one on the right.
Thats what I want to know. That either dark blue or black jacket, is that a US Army uniform?

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »
Thats what I want to know. That either dark blue or black jacket, is that a US Army uniform?

Yes.  That is the new Army Service Uniform.  It is mostly the old dress blues and replaces the old green service uniform or Class As like the MAJ (LTC?) on the left in that picture is wearing.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 03:34:25 AM »
My bad. Here is the "right" one I think.  =|

http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/robert-bateman/79/860/971

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 07:02:52 AM »
Yes.  That is the new Army Service Uniform.  It is mostly the old dress blues and replaces the old green service uniform or Class As like the MAJ (LTC?) on the left in that picture is wearing.

Wow. I guess the Army was envious of the Marine Corps' poor color coordination.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 07:36:17 AM »
Wow, the country's  been at war for over 10 years and this guy made O-5 with a slick sleeve.  His highest award being a Defense Superior Service Medal?!?!?!?

Okay LTC Widebody, step aside and let real men and Americans do the job here.

Presuming we had the right picture, this from his bio is problematical

Twenty-eight years later I am still wearing the uniform.

Deputy Chief of Plans
NATO, Allied Rapid Reaction Corps

September 2010 – Present (3 years 4 months) Gloucester, United Kingdom

Deputy, Future Plans
ISAF Joint Command (IJC) Kabul, Afghanistan

January 2011 – January 2012 (1 year 1 month) Kabul, Afghanistan

Analyst
Office of Net Assessment, OSD, Pentagon

February 2006 – January 2010 (4 years)

Strategist
Multinational Security Transition Command - Iraq (MNSTC-I)

January 2005 – February 2006 (1 year 2 months) Baghdad, Iraq

Strategy and Doctrine
Department of the Army, G3
Government Agency; 10,001+ employees; Military industry

August 2002 – December 2004 (2 years 5 months) The Pentagon

Research Fellow
Center for Security and International Studies (CSIS)

July 2001 – August 2002 (1 year 2 months) Washington, DC

And given the era, I also served for years myself in places decidedly less comfortable; combat zones like Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as a few other nasty places.

Hey, bob!  Want to try to explain what you were doing the previous 16 years?  And why you still have a slick sleeve?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2013, 08:30:15 AM »
In the ASU the CSIB goes on the pocket. SSI-FWS is still retained in ACU's.  Spiney Street changed the photo soI don't know if he had one on or not.  I am curious what was up with the red name tag.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 09:12:45 AM »
In the ASU the CSIB goes on the pocket. SSI-FWS is still retained in ACU's.  Spiney Street changed the photo soI don't know if he had one on or not.  I am curious what was up with the red name tag.

That red name tag is what really stood out.