Author Topic: Child abuse within a religious setting: now for the Witnesses  (Read 3214 times)

JN01

• friend
Re: Child abuse within a religious setting: now for the Witnesses
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2019, 05:08:45 PM »
I would submit that those organizations should all be called out, and if they don't reform, should be dismantled.  If you are a member of, and contribute to the success of, an organization of any type that covers up and enables child abuse, what does that make you?

I'm not calling people specifically out, but shouldn't people ask themselves that question?

Not excusing them or saying that they should not be held accountable, just pointing out that bad behavior is not limited to religious organizations.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Child abuse within a religious setting: now for the Witnesses
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2019, 05:16:18 PM »
Not excusing them or saying that they should not be held accountable, just pointing out that bad behavior is not limited to religious organizations.
Of course not.

But it's not often you find an organization has such a scandal and is defended with such rigor and, as an organization, skates so easily.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

JN01

• friend
Re: Re: Child abuse within a religious setting: now for the Witnesses
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2019, 05:22:33 PM »
Of course not.

But it's not often you find an organization has such a scandal and is defended with such rigor and, as an organization, skates so easily.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ever hear of Congress?  ;)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2019, 05:25:09 PM »
I don't blame religion for the existence of monsters. I do blame religion for protecting the monsters in their midst ... to the point that they (the religious leaders) enable the monsters to continue their nefarious activities.

That's odd. I thought the label of monster also applied to people that protect child molesters. And again, it's better if we don't blame religion for the fact that people can be monsters.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 07:49:29 AM »
There is no defense for any institution, religious or not, that refuses to pursue the capture and punishment of child molesters.

Tear it down brick by brick and burn it with fire for all I care.

Pointing to the failures of religious institutions and people is not an excuse for neglecting ones own pursuit of metaphysical things nor ones own failure to nurture a truly moral life.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 01:17:59 PM »
I would submit that there are organizations of many types that cover up sexual and other types of misconduct to protect their members and/or image.  The bigger the institution, the more examples there are likely to be, which in turn, makes it seem even more horrific.  Some are worse than others, of course.

Congress comes to mind...

Hollywood....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”