Author Topic: Calif Cop Arrested for AR15 Possession  (Read 377 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Calif Cop Arrested for AR15 Possession
« on: April 07, 2023, 09:34:51 AM »
Personally, I feel bad for the individual guy who is a cop, but not for cops, given all the LE "exemption" bullshit in most state gun laws. It's good to see all civilians on an even playing field, regardless on if the law is bad.

Anyway, he was caught with an AR and tracer ammo, in the jurisdiction of that commie creep Gascon. I expect things won't go well for him. I wonder if a fellow cop or a pissed neighbor dropped a dime on him? I suspect that once he gets out of prison, he'll be looking to join his fellow ex-cop buddies in Northern Idaho.  =D

https://ktla.com/news/sheriffs-deputy-charged-with-unlawfully-owning-assault-rifle-tracer-ammunition-in-los-angeles/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Calif Cop Arrested for AR15 Possession
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 01:32:27 PM »
I wish there was a way to determine if he was a good cop (one who never busted non-cops for firearm offenses unless they committed a REAL crime) or if he was a bad cop (One who gleefully arrested people for California firearm offenses that aren't crimes at all in civilized states.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 01:47:00 PM »
I have exactly zero sympathy for him. He should know the law and as a cop be held to a higher standard but I am afraid that horse has left the barn, the higher standard thing. He might get lucky and they will only do one charge for the ammo rather than one charge per round. That state is lost and I can only hope the creep to other states will slow down but sitting here just to the east of them I don't think so. As old as I am we are considering a move to the Florida panhandle.

bob

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 02:09:14 PM »
"Some animals are more equal than others" ... or perhaps not.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 09:31:08 PM »
 huh, I thought cops were exempt, my brother in a LT now in Westchester NY and was able to get an AR - but he's not allowed to keep it when he retires ( tho I guess he could buy one when he moves to florida like all retired NY cops )
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."