Main Forums > The Roundtable

American Flyer Trains

(1/2) > >>

charby:
Anyone like/play with these.

After a long absence of buying anything AF, I just won an auction for a set for a steal. Wife is going to be pissed.

Now I need to find me a 4-8-4 locomotive. These things are expensive as nice firearms.

-C

Stickjockey:
Don't know about American Flyer, but just last December my Dad gve me his old Lionel "O" gauge set from when he was a kid. I used to play with it when I was a kid, and now my son will be able to do so as well when he gets big enough to appreciate it.

crt360:
I had a cool HO layout when I was a kid.  My dad helped me build a big table platform and it eventually took up about half of my bedroom.  It was fun until it got to where I couldn't really add much more, then I got bored with it.  I disassembled it and still have all of the engines, cars and track stored away somewhere.  I should have started with the N gauge or whatever the smaller ones were.  It was a pretty expensive hobby for a kid.  I'd love to do it again, maybe when I'm old and can't physically do a lot of other things that now use up my non-work time.

client32:
We had an N scale as a kid.  My dad recently got all the stuff out and started building a layout.  He is now addicted to ebay for this stuff.  My kids love to go there to play with the trains.

Leatherneck:
I gave up N scale when my vision got too bad and my fingers too fat to fiddle with those tiny trains. I'm getting into G Scale in a fairly big way now. Two 100-ft layouts and running a steam 4-8-8-4 Mogul and a couple of little 0-4-0 yardbirds with an increasing amount of rolling stock. Boy, this is an expensive hobby!

TC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version