Author Topic: What's with the stooping?  (Read 3065 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
What's with the stooping?
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 06:19:39 PM »
CAnnoneer, I'm certainly not homophobic. And the comment I initially made was just another of my remembrances of things in the past.

This ex-friend of mine is most certainly an ex-friend. His ex-wife is a very good friend of mine, and one of my wife's best friends. And she's given some interesting perspectives on his behavior, which have led me to my conclusions.

In the end, none of this really matters at all. But, at the time when my ex-friend asked me not to kneel (after being on my feet for hours), it didn't make any sense.

Now it does.

And I think that's about as far as this discussion needs to go.

BakerMikeRomeo

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2006, 05:55:34 AM »
Quote from: Monkeyleg
And I think that's about as far as this discussion needs to go.
Sorry if bugging you about it got you bent out of shape, or anything; I certainly didn't have any ill-intent or negative thinking about what you said, I just didn't understand what the connection was.

Cheers,
~GnSx

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2006, 12:03:56 PM »
Oh, no, GunnySkox. You didn't upset me in any way.

When I said that I think this discussion is about as far as it needs to go, I meant that delving any further into the subject of my ex-friend might get into areas that are not exactly High Road material.

Sorry if I didn't convey that well.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 03:54:48 PM »
Brings back long since suppressed memories.  I was a 6'3" , 120 lb. geek wearing a 30" belt and a size 13 AAA shoe.  Talk about your basic genetic mess.  I didn't have enough body mass to play basketball so I contented myself with outdoor solitary stuff like hiking, camping, repelling, all that stuff.  All that hiking taught me (along with an Army lifer ossifer father) the importance of posture, gait, handshaking, eye contact, etc.  If all that stuff is going away it is because kids don't have parents who either know better or could care less.  Slouching was not acceptable.  I carried it over to my kids and I have two tall daughters who stand straight and proud.  One is 6'3".:p
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon