Author Topic: Air America files Chapter 11  (Read 1109 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Air America files Chapter 11
« on: October 13, 2006, 09:45:20 AM »
First posted on THR by ArmedBear

Here's one link: http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publish/article_27269047.shtml

Text:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Air America Files Chapter 11 - Cleaner Air?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By John W Lillpop
Oct 13, 2006  

Reliable sources are telling the Associated Press that Air America, the liberal rant station, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Just a month ago, the network denied rumors that it would file for bankruptcy.

Some liberals unable to accept the truth actually believed the denials and even posted rants to that effect.

On Friday, Air America spokeswoman Jaime Horn told The Associated Press that the filing became necessary only recently after negotiations with a creditor from the company's early days broke down.

The network will stay on the air while it resolves issues with its creditors, Horn said. In addition to Franken, the network also features shows from liberal talk show host Randi Rhodes and Jerry Springer.

Horn declined to name the creditor with which talks had reached a logjam. The company will operate in the interim with funding from its current investor group.

Now the big question: Will this leftwing disgrace finally give up and leave the air?  Doing so would be a magnificent contribution to those who hyperventilate about clean air!

By the way, Rush, Hannity, Savage, OReilly, Gordon Liddy and other conservative talks are doing quite well, thank you.

Get a grip, liberals: Real Americans are fed up with the anti-American pap that spews out of the microphones at Air America.

--John W. Lillpop writes from California

Additional source: AP
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 10:30:01 AM »
Now the big question: Will this leftwing disgrace finally give up and leave the air?  Doing so would be a magnificent contribution to those who hyperventilate about clean air!
No, they'll probably try to pass a fairness law, granting them government funding and equal airtime.

richyoung

• friend
  • bring a big gun
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 12:02:39 PM »
What, did they run out of underadvantaged children to rip off?  Next you know, PBS will be subsidizing them - no wait - we have that already.  Its called NPR....
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't...

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 04:03:38 AM »
Who will Ann Coulter have to make fun of now?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 04:13:05 AM »
Quote from: El Tejon
Who will Ann Coulter have to make fun of now?
You're joking, right?  I think someone already brought up NPR.

Speaking of which, I was listening to NPR last night, talking about Laura Bush's campaign trips, going about, helping various Repub. candidates and imcumbents.  They did some woman-on-the-street interviews at the first lady's recent stop in Saint Louis.  But they only asked the women what they thought of the Foley scandal.  There's no media bias to see there, folks.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 07:01:08 AM »
Why is that leftist bias doesn't prosper in radio, while the right thrives?  The left does well everywhere else: television, print media of all types (newspapers, novels, magazines, poetry, academic writings, etc.), feature films, live theater.  Even visual arts like painting and sculpture seem to be a left-wing field.  

A righty like myself might think that the left can't hack it in talk radio because their views won't sustain criticism or challenge.  I don't know about that.  Democratic Underground is still around, and other left-wing sites are alive and well.  No matter how kooky they get, there are plenty of people who will support them.

An oft-heard theory is that talk radio is right of center, becuase conservatives don't have time to watch tv or read newspapers.  But we can still listen to talk radio and even call in while we're pulling ourselves up by our boot-straps.  Meanwhile, the leftist sits at home all day, watching CNN, perusing the "Grey Lady," and waiting for the welfare check.  Or at least the trust fund dividends.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 04:08:49 AM »
Quote from: fistful
Why is that leftist bias doesn't prosper in radio, while the right thrives?
fistful, your next sentence actually provides an answer to your question:
Quote from: fistful
The left does well everywhere else: television, print media of all types (newspapers, novels, magazines, poetry, academic writings, etc.), feature films, live theater.  Even visual arts like painting and sculpture seem to be a left-wing field.
The way I see it, there's only so much market for a left wing message, and Air America is competing with CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, and most big-city newspapers.

Even a devoted lefty can't listen to the radio AND watch television AND read the New York Times simultaneously - he has to make choices, and Air America was just ONE more choice among many left-wing sources.

Conservatives listen to talk radio because there is little to no competition in the dominant media to attract conservatives, other than the middle-of-the-road Fox news channel . . . which is denounced as "right wing' simply because they actually do make an effort to show both sides.

To use a fruit analogy . . . suppose your local farmer's market only has fruit vendors that carry apples, and each offers only one type of apple, with the varieties Red Barron, Fireside, Golden Delicious, Paula Red, Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Roman Beauty, Fuji, and Macintosh already represented.

Two new vendors come along: one offers Haralson apples, the other offers . . . oranges.

Who is more likely to do well?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain