Author Topic: Oh, it's on now.  (Read 6273 times)

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Oh, it's on now.
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:42:42 PM »
Heard something at the door between the garage and the house.  It was no closed all the way, figured it was the pressure change from all the wind making it move.  Opened it and closed it hard..  a freaking mouse fell off the top and into my hair.  It jumped off and ran under the stove.

Traps are out.  I will have my revenge.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Oh, it's on now.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:45:40 PM »
Detcord!  Looks around [tinfoil] [tinfoil] Am I first??  =D

Put a lil peanut butter on the detcord if they won't nibble on it plain.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:48:12 PM »
Detcord!  Looks around [tinfoil] [tinfoil] Am I first??  =D

Put a lil peanut butter on the detcord if they won't nibble on it plain.

Do mice like bacon?

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 10:59:37 PM »
Go to tractor supply and buy everything on the shelves by Tom Cat.

Then its time for some good, old fashion mouse hunting fun!  [popcorn]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 11:25:13 PM »
There will be blood
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 11:29:51 PM »
.22 shorts
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 11:33:16 PM »
Nuke it from orbit -- it's the only way to be sure. [popcorn] [tinfoil] [popcorn] [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 11:40:10 PM »
Nuke it from orbit -- it's the only way to be sure. [popcorn] [tinfoil] [popcorn] [tinfoil]

Affirmative.
Nice "Aliens" reference, too btw.

Peanut butter with a little honey worked for the two mice setting up shop in our dojo.
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 12:05:28 AM »
Oh come on! Now even the mice are occupying? Freakin' Obama...  :mad:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 12:09:23 AM »
Affirmative.
Nice "Aliens" reference, too btw.

Peanut butter with a little honey worked for the two mice setting up shop in our dojo.

What!?   The mice cowed a dojo full of martial artists into making them sammiches?

Oh, the humanity!

Go to tractor supply and buy everything on the shelves by Tom Cat.

Then its time for some good, old fashion mouse hunting fun!  [popcorn]

This.

TS sells rat/mouse poison by the 4lb bucket.  TS don't play.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »
Victory is mine!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
Wait. Hunt over his corpse. No mouse left behind, and all that. 

Successful baits:
Velveta
Peanut butter
gummi worms

When we lived in Brownsville, TX a few years back, mice and even rats were a part of life down there. 
We also rented a house in UT right before we moved with a mice problem.  Seems someone didn't keep an eye on their food storage before we moved in.   :facepalm:
Unbaited traps along the baseboards.  Baited traps near the doors.  And even a 2.5 gallon bucket 1/2 full of water with a nice little ramp up into it..... [ar15]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
MURDERER!!!!  The mouse cartel with have its revenge soon.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 03:01:07 PM »
Just a heads up, but where there is one, there may be more.

Keep your traps set and your war shall be victorious!
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 03:03:07 PM »
Just a heads up, but where there is one, there may be more.

Keep your traps set and your war shall be victorious!

yep, the other traps are still out.  There are a couple of traps in the garage too.

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 03:54:58 PM »
Waging war against mice at my house, surrounded by woods and meadow, is an ongoing proposition.  The real effort and success come from Just One Bite bars (a friend calls them mouse cakes.)  The fun comes from some .22 pistols and a case of Aguila Super Colibri.
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »
Secure your raisins and toll-house bits securely.  The little four-footed buggers have been known to retaliate. [tinfoil]

The problem with mouse muffins is that they tend to go back to their nest to die.  If the air is not dry enough to dessicate the corpse completely you are going to be sorry you let them get back home.

Not that I would know anything about ripping out multiple plaster lath walls seeking the source of the problem.  Nope, not me!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 05:30:35 PM »
At the first photo studio at which I worked, there was a mouse problem because of all of the food shooting the photographers did. I'd sometimes sit there at night drinking beer and shooting mice with a pellet gun.

I was a much better shot than I am today, even when I was a little drunk.  =(

grampster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »
Swmbo and I had to actually throw away a stove we had at a little cabin we had.  Momma and daddy mouse had a litter in the insulation in the stove and they all died.  The smell was incredible.

I kill mice with the old reliable spring mouse trap and peanut butter for bait.  Works like a champ.  I've got a trap in the basement I've been using for several years.  It's covered in dead mouse gore and gnawed in several places by those mice who were not killed instanter.  I keep a box of surgical gloves in the basement to handle the corpses and the trap.  

I am a champion mole killer, too.  I.do.not.abide.moles.  I had my 6 year old grandson with me one day while setting my mole trap.  i was telling him that I was the worlds best mole catcher.  I finished the chore and stepped back and BAM! the trap sprung.  Holy Wah!!  Well I grabbed the trap and pulled it up and I had the mole.  My grandson looked and me, eyes wide and said, "Grampster, you are really the champion mole catcher." =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 09:55:17 PM »
At the cabin this year something was eating all the decon we put out so we kept putting out more.  My aunt went to check an old tea kettle we rarely use and found all of the decon pellets!  Something was stocking up for winter.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 10:17:02 PM »
We gave up on the D-con at the cabin, all they do is stash it. Bait bars on a 60 penny nail work much better.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »
We gave up on the D-con at the cabin, all they do is stash it. Bait bars on a 60 penny nail work much better.

If they start moving the bar try shaving it up into an old tuna can nailed to a 2x6.

Napalm, smoke grenades, 20 gauge and straight fire are not to be considered overkill for rats.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 02:02:56 AM »
As inrodane it is, I use the sticky traps. I had never thought of using them until I went to Lowe's one day and out front was a skimpily clad girlmouse (mousegirl?) lying on an oversize sticky trap squealing like a, well, like a stuck mouse.

I figured if they could catch something that big, with a brain that should be capable of reason (but obviously wasn't) then they should work just fine on the tiny creatures driven inside during the cold months. I just put them down along the edges of the shed and garage.

bob

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 03:53:51 AM »

I kill mice with the old reliable spring mouse trap and peanut butter for bait.  Works like a champ.  
This. Exactly.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 07:17:19 AM »
As inrodane it is, I use the sticky traps. I had never thought of using them until I went to Lowe's one day and out front was a skimpily clad girlmouse (mousegirl?) lying on an oversize sticky trap squealing like a, well, like a stuck mouse.

I figured if they could catch something that big, with a brain that should be capable of reason (but obviously wasn't) then they should work just fine on the tiny creatures driven inside during the cold months. I just put them down along the edges of the shed and garage.

bob

At certain places I can get 10-12 mice on the rat sized sticky pads. I change them when the pad gets so packed that the little buggers can cross on the backs of the fallen.