Author Topic: "Knock out game" in walmart, with a baseball bat  (Read 2734 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
"Knock out game" in walmart, with a baseball bat
« on: June 25, 2014, 12:06:58 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ULPlX17YOdc

http://5newsonline.com/2014/06/16/police-fort-smith-woman-attacked-with-bat-at-walmart/

The report said Mosley stated he watched a movie with a baseball bat being used on someone else and wanted to try it.

I hope the woman makes a full recovery. I wish someone had been there who was armed and able to defend the woman. I have nothing else to say that won't get me banned. Stay alert folks.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: "Knock out game" in walmart, with a baseball bat
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »
Holy moly.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 02:22:58 PM »
WTF?

No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 02:28:50 PM »
If the apparent ethnicity of perp and victim were reversed, I expect this would be considered a hate crime.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 02:32:23 PM »
If the apparent ethnicity of perp and victim were reversed, I expect this would be considered a hate crime not be a news story..[/i]

FTFY.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 02:37:51 PM »
I actually am giving some credence to the family's contention the man has long-standing mental illness issues.

The relatively forthcoming and direct apology from the family is kind of unusual.

None of that invalidates the notion that ventilating the man ASAP if someone had the opportunity wasn't the best course of action though.
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 02:40:18 PM »
I actually am giving some credence to the family's contention the man has long-standing mental illness issues.

The relatively forthcoming and direct apology from the family is kind of unusual.

None of that invalidates the notion that ventilating the man ASAP if someone had the opportunity wasn't the best course of action though.

Given the percentage of the population who's been diagnosed with a chronic mental illness, and the relative nature of many of those people, I fail to see it as much of an excuse.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »

Same here. Although they did waffle a bit with "he's off his meds" and mental illness. Still, my hats off to the perp's family. Concur that he should have been ventilated, IF and only if, he continued to be a threat. Remember, concealed carry is to stop an active threat and not engage in retribution or retaliation.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

onions!

• friend
  • Space for rent.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 03:03:41 PM »
Off his meds *could*mean medicinal pot too.

He's obviously off his rocker.
jeff w

I like onions!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »
Mental health issues might explain these things, they should not excuse them.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
Same here. Although they did waffle a bit with "he's off his meds" and mental illness. Still, my hats off to the perp's family. Concur that he should have been ventilated, IF and only if, he continued to be a threat. Remember, concealed carry is to stop an active threat and not engage in retribution or retaliation.

I'd be willing to bet it was fake depression for the SSDI or something like that, not severe schizophrenia where the voices are telling him to club women in the head with a bat.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 04:10:53 PM »
I'd be willing to bet it was fake depression for the SSDI or something like that, not severe schizophrenia where the voices are telling him to club women in the head with a bat.

It's always hard to judge crazy people, but I saw a great deal of premeditation and awareness from the criminal in that video:

Choosing the target, waiting till she was alone, moving away quickly but not running to avoid attracting attention to himself.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 04:18:13 PM »
You can still be crazy and cunning.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 04:22:04 PM »

Which is why I prefaced it with "It's always hard to judge crazy people".
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:59 PM »

Just whacked someone with a bat.  Walking away carrying bat.  One could presume that he would do it again with said bat.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »
Just whacked someone with a bat.  Walking away carrying bat.  One could presume that he would do it again with said bat.

*shrug*

When I train a new shooter, I tell them they have three primary considerations.

1. Survival
2. Legal concerns
3. Political concerns

Yes, doing what is necessary to survive a threat to your life is very important, and should be your highest priority unless family members or whatnot are involved. If the dude is targeting you, you're good to stop the threat. If you're not, it's not survival in the immediate sense of the word.

Legal. While second tier, it's something you want to keep in mind. Following decent laws is the decent thing to do, and it usually saves you money on lawyer costs or prison time. You want to ensure your actions follow the law. Which means you have to know what the law says, and then follow it. In this case, shooting a guy that just injured or possibly killed a lady for no reason is iffy. You could argue he was unstable violent, and hopefully convince (at a hefty hourly rate) a jury of 12 people that you were in fear of your life.

Political concerns. I'm sure some folks here will mentally insert "political correctness" and scoff. Understandable. But a person would have to be a moron if you don't think politics, image and public perception don't have a significant and tangible impact on your life. One can argue it shouldn't matter, but it does. Shooting someone with a bloody knife in their hand is easier for a jury to accept than someone holding a dual purpose item like a baseball bat. If you're shooting someone of a different race, you may face higher scrutiny and costs. Shooting a female will be held to a higher standard than shooting a male. Shooting someone in your house will be held to a lower standard than if you shoot someone while virtually anywhere else.

Unless you want to be the next Zimmerman, you want to strongly consider the third aspect in detail before using a firearm for defensive purposes.

Amen.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 05:15:01 PM »
In this case, shooting a guy that just injured or possibly killed a lady for no reason is iffy. You could argue he was unstable violent, and hopefully convince (at a hefty hourly rate) a jury of 12 people that you were in fear of your life.

He's still clearly armed, so the only real question is how long you wait between yelling "drop the weapon" and pulling the trigger.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 06:25:02 PM »
Off his meds *could*mean medicinal pot too.

He's obviously off his rocker.
Or skittles and robitussin.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:55 PM »
You guys always bring me the very best violence.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2014, 08:59:01 PM »
Very little time elapsed from the time the perp could be determined to be violent and the thud.  I doubt I could see it, evaluate, decide and act in time to prevent the attack.

Hope she's gonna be okay, and Louisville Slugger does some hard time.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 09:36:08 PM »

Really? If you know he's just picking targets at random, then probably. I don't think you would know that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »
It's always hard to judge crazy people, but I saw a great deal of premeditation and awareness from the criminal in that video:

Choosing the target, waiting till she was alone, moving away quickly but not running to avoid attracting attention to himself.

Schizophrenics are capable of a pretty fantastic amount of planning, depending on what the delusion is leading them to do.

A friend of mine who is a campus cop recently arrested a man who had snuck into a classroom to use a professor's computer. Upon further questioning he revealed he was being stalked by his family and the government and had been emailing Lindsay Graham from different computers to get assistance while avoiding being tracked.

You just never know.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 11:34:43 PM »

True...he's still a threat....act accordingly.

On a side note: Interesting that this scum could walk around Wal-Mart with a bat, and no one gives him a sideways glance. If he had been a white guy with an open-carry rifle, however.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2014, 11:46:52 PM »
True...he's still a threat....act accordingly.

On a side note: Interesting that this scum could walk around Wal-Mart with a bat, and no one gives him a sideways glance. If he had been a white guy with an open-carry rifle, however.....

A bat is not normally considered a weapon, plus in a Wal Mart people watching him (who did not know of any attacks) would likely assume he was just returning a product to sporting goods, or something along that line.
Carrying an AR-15?   Somehow I don't think it would swing that way ........
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero