Author Topic: Justice Ginsburg died today  (Read 16733 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Justice Ginsburg died today
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
This particular freakout doesn't seem that calculated. It just looks like unhinged hero worship.

It's what they do.  And they're good at it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2020, 05:25:16 PM »
The left is throwing anything and everything at Glorious ACB and hoping it sinks her nomination.  They are desperate.

This particular freakout doesn't seem that calculated. It just looks like unhinged hero worship.

Exactly.  They don't have any legitimate criticisms of The Glorious ACB, so they are flinging everything.  If you see a kitchen sink fly by, you'll know why.

It's what they do.  And they're good at it.

I wasn't talking about an attack on ACB herself. They're freaking out about what her supporters are calling her. That's not the usual "throw everything we have at her" kind of attack. Those are people who really think Ginsberg was someone to whom we all owe proper reverence, and whose name and nickname must be spoken with due adoration. It's nuttiness, in other words.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2020, 07:42:14 PM »
Those are people who really think Ginsberg was someone to whom we all owe proper reverence, and whose name and nickname must be spoken with due adoration.

Like this?

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2020, 10:57:33 PM »
Angel Eyes - Is that the one in Seattle?
Formerly sumpnz

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2020, 11:03:04 PM »
Angel Eyes - Is that the one in Seattle?

No, this is the one in Seattle:

Interesting that someone put red paint on his left hand.  Implying ol' Vladimir has blood on his hands?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #205 on: September 30, 2020, 12:27:09 AM »

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2020, 04:45:59 PM »
ACB doesn't have her own thread yet so I figured I'd drop this here.

Apparently the chances of her infecting the President are pretty slim due to her having already had covid earlier this year.   
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2020, 11:33:24 AM »

Interesting that someone put red paint on his left hand.  Implying ol' Vladimir has blood on his hands?

Yes.  It has been the target of vandalism.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2020, 11:55:11 AM »
The city says they can't remove it because it's on private property which I find highly ironic given Lenin's, and communism in general, stance on  private property and many of the city leaders stance on Confederate and Founding Fathers monuments. Put up a Robert E. Lee statue, or Washington even, on private property in downtown Seattle and I would bet good money the same people would be screaming for it's removal and find a way to do so.

Statue of Lenin (Seattle)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin_(Seattle)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 02:07:47 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #209 on: October 04, 2020, 01:26:19 PM »
The city says they can't remove it because it's on private property which I find highly ironic due to Lenin's, and communism in general, stance on  private property and many of the city leaders stance on Confederate and Founding Fathers monuments. Put up a Robert E. Lee statue, or Washington even, on private property in downtown Seattle and I would bet good money the same people would be screaming for it's removal and find a way to do so.

Antifa would mostly peacefully destroy the George Washington statue, and any charges would be peacefully dropped.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #210 on: October 04, 2020, 02:29:02 PM »
The city says they can't remove it because it's on private property which I find highly ironic given Lenin's, and communism in general, stance on  private property and many of the city leaders stance on Confederate and Founding Fathers monuments. Put up a Robert E. Lee statue, or Washington even, on private property in downtown Seattle and I would bet good money the same people would be screaming for it's removal and find a way to do so.

Antifa would mostly peacefully destroy the George Washington statue, and any charges would be peacefully dropped.

Finally, a problem where DetCord is the correct answer.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #211 on: October 04, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »
Finally, a problem where DetCord is the correct answer.

It is private property.  For now.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #212 on: October 04, 2020, 02:57:42 PM »

That’s exactly what happened to a Confederate veterans monument in the same city, also on private property.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Confederate_Veterans_Memorial
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »
It is private property.  For now.

I would argue that any statue of either Lenin or Marx is not private property, kinda by definition.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2020, 06:09:36 PM »
I would argue that any statue of either Lenin or Marx is not private property, kinda by definition.

No, no, no. You don't understand. If it actually belongs to a commie pinko, it's their property and allowed to be defined as their property. Sort of like how they can grab your smartphone out of your hand and smash it on the ground because property doesn't exist, but if you do the same to them, that's their personal property and you'd better reimburse them for it. Plus buy them a kombucha.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #215 on: October 04, 2020, 06:30:17 PM »
Put up a Robert E. Lee statue, or Washington even, on private property in downtown Seattle and I would bet good money the same people would be screaming for it's removal and find a way to do so.

Wouldn't that be considered hunting over bait?  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #216 on: October 09, 2020, 05:13:25 PM »
WOW

Keith Olbermann: People like Amy Coney Barrett ‘must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/10/09/keith-olbermann-people-like-amy-coney-barrett-must-be-prosecuted-and-convicted-and-removed-from-our-society/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #217 on: October 09, 2020, 05:17:51 PM »
WOW

Keith Olbermann: People like Amy Coney Barrett ‘must be prosecuted and convicted and removed from our society’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/10/09/keith-olbermann-people-like-amy-coney-barrett-must-be-prosecuted-and-convicted-and-removed-from-our-society/

On what charges?
Formerly sumpnz

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #218 on: October 09, 2020, 05:20:57 PM »
On what charges?

Being a counter-revolutionary and wrongthink.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #219 on: October 09, 2020, 05:25:23 PM »
WOW

That is one crappy toilet. We keep flushing and he keeps coming back up.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2020, 07:44:25 AM »

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2020, 07:55:48 AM »
On what charges?

Resisting the glorious revolution.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2020, 12:53:13 PM »
Resisting the glorious revolution.

Don't know if I'd make that parallel. Pelosi and Harris ain't no William and Mary.

Olbermann's "LOCK HER UP!" line is only a sample of the insanity in that clip. I didn't think the Chinese would succeed in their attempt to convince people that the U.S. was to blame for the Wuhan virus, but the Democrats obviously think the lie has legs.  :facepalm:

Anyone else notice that he put Kyle Rittenhouse and ACB in the same breath, as if they were related in some way?  =|

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2020, 01:06:44 PM »
Don't know if I'd make that parallel. Pelosi and Harris ain't no William and Mary.

Olbermann's "LOCK HER UP!" line is only a sample of the insanity in that clip. I didn't think the Chinese would succeed in their attempt to convince people that the U.S. was to blame for the Wuhan virus, but the Democrats obviously think the lie has legs.  :facepalm:

Anyone else notice that he put Kyle Rittenhouse and ACB in the same breath, as if they were related in some way?  =|

All Anti Revolutionaries
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #224 on: October 11, 2020, 10:54:16 AM »
Man, the gaslighting on this court seat is getting ridiculous. There seems to have been a secret memo released to all the dems to call filling the seat "court packing". I guess to veer away from the actual court packing they want to do if Biden (Harris) gets in. Sadly, too many voters will fall for it.