Author Topic: Bill Cosby to be released  (Read 1951 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Bill Cosby to be released
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2021, 11:16:36 AM »
Looks like Cosby is quite the racist judging from the photos.
2 or 3 remind me of Rachel Dolezal

‘I’m No Longer Afraid’: 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted by Bill Cosby, and the Culture That Wouldn’t Listen
https://www.thecut.com/2015/07/bill-cosbys-accusers-speak-out.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2021, 12:13:03 PM »
The lacrosse players were innocent.  Cosby is probably guilty.

The suspect's guilt or innocence doesn't matter in case of prosecutorial misconduct.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2021, 12:17:10 PM »
So... Some of the "victims" went back for seconds?

Cosby had the party favors and the influence. Period. They used him just as much as he used them.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2021, 12:38:00 PM »
So... Some of the "victims" went back for seconds?

Cosby had the party favors and the influence. Period. They used him just as much as he used them.
It was the same with Weinstein (sp?), but I am sure there were some real victims that were greatly affected by it.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2021, 12:50:48 PM »

Pb remarked,

"The lacrosse players were innocent.  Cosby is probably guilty."

That doesn't matter any more.  The Court has thrown out this verdict based on the chicanery of the prosecution.  And also barred re-prosecution on that matter.  Without actual knowledge, I strongly suspect that the Court was pretty pissed off.

Coincidentally, the movie "Call Northside 777" is on the air right now, starring James Stewart.  This also involves chicanery by the prosecutors to obtain a 99 year murder conviction of an actually innocent person.

Based on a true life incident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_Northside_777

"In actuality, innocence was determined not as claimed in the film but when it was found out that the prosecution had suppressed the fact that the main witness had initially declared that she could not identify the two men involved in the police shooting.[2] "

Underscore mine.

See Wiki for "real life" details.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 01:15:45 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2021, 02:52:46 PM »
Steve Lehto  -  Why Bill Cosby's Conviction Was Thrown Out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trS2ZqdW4mw

He confirmed that the prior deposition/testimony was presented at trial. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2021, 11:17:42 AM »
Yeah, 16:44, just as presented herein. :rolleyes:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2021, 11:31:54 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJvijmbWOvk
The Cosby Rebuttal
The Rageaholic

Not safe for work due to a lot of cussing, but he goes through all the questionable issues around the original trial.  The DA, the judge, the witnesses, the accusers, the trial, etc.  Pretty interesting.  Makes a pretty good case this whole thing was a set up.  I did not know the judge on the trial was the one who ran against the previous DA on the promise he would prosecute Cosby. 

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2021, 04:14:02 PM »
I had forgot about the previous hung jury, and everyone knows what I think about hung juries:  If a prosecutor can't bring a strong enough case to convince 100% of the jury, then they shouldn't go to trial.  If a jury can't decide, that is prima facie ipso facto no shitto automatically not "beyond a reasonable doubt," case dismissed, and a retrial should not be allowed.

This, absent any evidence of jury tampering and the like.  But if the case has proceeded  normally, a hung jury should be a matter of "Bye-bye, Prisoner. Enjoy your freedom.  Catch you the next time around," and a gavel bang.

Terry, 230RN

REF (Related to the Phil Spector case):

"Prove the case or the accused walks" should go for hung juries, too.  In general, Mr. Prosecutor, if you have not proven your case to all the jurors the first time around, there should be an automatic presumption of reasonable doubt attached to the case.  (Obviously, at least one juror had reasonable doubt.)

« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 04:56:17 PM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2021, 08:58:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJvijmbWOvk
The Cosby Rebuttal
The Rageaholic

Not safe for work due to a lot of cussing, but he goes through all the questionable issues around the original trial.  The DA, the judge, the witnesses, the accusers, the trial, etc.  Pretty interesting.  Makes a pretty good case this whole thing was a set up.  I did not know the judge on the trial was the one who ran against the previous DA on the promise he would prosecute Cosby.

Speaking only for myself, I'm not even going to watch. Cosby now has zero credibility. He wasn't released because he was not guilty, he was released on a very technical technicality. He should just STFU and thank whatever god he worships that he's back at home.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2021, 09:45:30 PM »
He's as innocent as OJ.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2021, 09:45:41 PM »
The kinds of shows that Cosby was on are not the types of shows that interest me.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2021, 12:07:05 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2021, 12:11:38 AM »
He's as innocent as OJ.

The condom didn't fit.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2021, 12:25:55 AM »
Back in the dark ages, when I was in college, there was a frat that was rumored to have some rather interesting toga parties. And lots of women were reportedly very eager to be invited.

Don't think "animal house."

Instead, think Fellini's Satyricon...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2021, 08:02:36 AM »
Speaking only for myself, I'm not even going to watch. Cosby now has zero credibility. He wasn't released because he was not guilty, he was released on a very technical technicality. He should just STFU and thank whatever god he worships that he's back at home.
I was not intending to claim Cosby was innocent of any wrongdoing.  The video just talks about all the injustice done to bring the case to trial and get the conviction.  The "technicality" they used to get him released was just one thing among many they could have appealed for.  The judge was partial, the witnesses were unreliable, the accusers were unreliable, etc, etc.  Supposedly the statute of limitations had run out.  The testimony he gave in a deposition prior to the trial was forced on the idea that he was not under prosecution and could not claim 5th amendment protections.  That testimony was allowed at trial so his 5th amendment rights were violated.  The legal system should not be perverted just because they "know" someone is guilty. 

« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 09:58:33 AM by MechAg94 »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2021, 10:07:44 AM »
If it were a simple technicality, as in an oversight or error or loophole,  I would be pissed that the guilty guy got away. This seems like much more than a technicality. This was manipulation of the legal system by the prosecutors. This, to me, falls well into "better 100 guilty men go free" territory.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2021, 12:44:09 PM »
If it were a simple technicality, as in an oversight or error or loophole,  I would be pissed that the guilty guy got away. This seems like much more than a technicality. This was manipulation of the legal system by the prosecutors. This, to me, falls well into "better 100 guilty men go free" territory.

I agree. The use of the deposition testimony was totally improper, and overturning the verdict was the right decision.

By "on a technicality," I just meant that his release does not in any way indicate that he didn't rape all those women (or at least some of them). This was not a case of the heroic lawyers succeeding in getting an innocent man released from prison.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2021, 01:10:17 PM »
I can agree with that for the most part. 

The only part of the prosecution I am still suspicious about is how many and what the woman expected when they got into it.  I am confident Gloria Allred dug up a bunch of false accusers to make the case look better in the public eye.  None of that means Cosby didn't do it even if only to a few of them. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2021, 02:33:41 PM »
If he drugged even one of the women (and he has admitted to having drugged more than one), he's a rapist.

My analysis ends there.