Author Topic: Aw Trump, You Were Doing So Well on the Twitter  (Read 5375 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Aw Trump, You Were Doing So Well on the Twitter
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »
He meant exactly what he said. He blatantly called their Americanness into question, regardless of their actual citizenship status.

The four women are communists, so personally I’m OK with Trump saying what he said. It’s rude, crude and socially unacceptable but questioning communists loyalties is OK 👌 with me.

At this point the best we can do is be thankful for what good things Trump is doing and just let the rest roll of our shoulders.

Truthful, honest, “good”  people usually don’t get elected. They are a small minority of our politicians.

Trumps making the right enemies and trying to represent the right allies domestically so for that I’m thankful, even though I’m continually amazed and baffled by the things he tweets.

There is a method to his madness and it works.

Am I uncomfortable with “ the end justifies the means” tactics? You betcha.

I’m also uncomfortable losing to the Democrats and having them finish their project to fubar America permanently.

When all is said and done he may end up as the most conservative President in our lifetimes.
Well said.

Even if he doesn't say things as smoothly and well as we would like him to, I like that Trump is standing up to the leftists (Dems and Media) and refusing to back down even if what he said wasn't well stated.  I think sometimes conservatives get too demanding or purist.  Some seem to want the perfect speaker with a perfect background and perfect political views and if they fall short, they kick them to the curb.  I hope the next generation of Republicans is taking notes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2019, 11:06:23 AM »
Personally, I think he started this twit war in order to distract from the new asylum rules:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-administration-announces-major-crackdown-on-asylum-seekers

And it's worked brilliantly . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2019, 11:14:57 AM »
Personally, I think he started this twit war in order to distract from the new asylum rules:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-administration-announces-major-crackdown-on-asylum-seekers

And it's worked brilliantly . . . .

I haven't totally read up on them, but I found the new rules interesting given that my understanding was that this was already a standard on the international law front: Ask for asylum in the first free country you enter. If you want to pick and choose, you're an immigrant, not an asylum seeker.

I would have thought we were already working under that principle. That we only now got around to codifying it shows how screwed up our immigration laws are.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »
He meant exactly what he said. He blatantly called their Americanness into question, regardless of their actual citizenship status.

The four women are communists, so personally I’m OK with Trump saying what he said. It’s rude, crude and socially unacceptable but questioning communists loyalties is OK 👌 with me.

At this point the best we can do is be thankful for what good things Trump is doing and just let the rest roll of our shoulders.

Truthful, honest, “good”  people usually don’t get elected. They are a small minority of our politicians.

Trumps making the right enemies and trying to represent the right allies domestically so for that I’m thankful, even though I’m continually amazed and baffled by the things he tweets.

There is a method to his madness and it works.

Am I uncomfortable with “ the end justifies the means” tactics? You betcha.

I’m also uncomfortable losing to the Democrats and having them finish their project to fubar America permanently.

When all is said and done he may end up as the most conservative President in our lifetimes.

I agree that he can't back down even on a minor point and probably shouldn't.  I just think it's unfortunate that he said the word "countries" (and "counties" wouldn't really have been any better now that I think about it)  Better to leave it ambiguous and leave that to their imaginations.  Maybe use "shitholes".

I saw an article a couple of days ago and now I can't find it, where the author referred to Ms Ocasio-Cortez as "Congressgirl".  I really like that.  It's just the right amount of dismissive. :)
"It's good, though..."

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2019, 08:31:58 AM »
Trump has the dems falling over themselves trying to outdo each other on doubling down on the same stuff that got Trump elected in 2016 and he's making doing it look as easy as grenades in a fish barrel.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2019, 09:46:45 AM »
I agree with Ron 100%.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2019, 10:18:24 AM »
MechAg said,

I think sometimes conservatives get too demanding or purist.  Some seem to want the perfect speaker with a perfect background and perfect political views and if they fall short, they kick them to the curb.

True.  We manufacture our own vulnerabilities.  Screw the fine points of your personal philosphy.  We need a little more "lockstepping" in our own political approach.  

I hope the next generation of Republicans is taking notes.

Won't do much good in the re-education camps.  Nowadays all we have to do is lose big once.  Suuuure, call it paranoia or tin-foil-hattery.   That's just what they want you to call it.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:34:52 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2019, 10:17:11 AM »
Love the bumper sticker

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2019, 01:58:03 PM »
https://ricochet.com/655221/send-her-back-speaking-truth-to-power/

Mrs. Omar is not a victim, abused and intimidated by evil Trump supporters. She is not the enslaved woman in the old drawing, her hands in the pose of the supplicant, asking, “Am I not a woman and a sister?” She is much higher than that and much lower. More exalted, and more despised. In a word, she is a politician. A member of the U.S. House of Representatives, who sits on three Congressional committees, and in a number of caucuses. It is probably safe to say that she has more power in the allegedly white supremacist United States than any of the individuals in that crowd, chanting for her to be sent back. Whether one agrees with the sentiment or not, the crowd was punching up; not down.

It goes without saying that Omar’s privileged position does not make it OK to hate or harm her or to commit any actual crimes against her. It doesn’t necessarily mean it’s acceptable to demand she be sent back. It does mean she’s fair game for protest and ridicule, just as Donald Trump is fair game for such. After all, this is America. In America, the government is obliged to show deference to the people; and not the other way around. It is our right, it is our custom, it is our pastime to (figuratively) abuse those elected to office.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife