Author Topic: "Maliciously misgender" someone? That's 5 days off...  (Read 627 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"Maliciously misgender" someone? That's 5 days off...
« on: May 16, 2022, 01:23:27 PM »
you naughty... can't say boy.... so, you naughty soul? Or is that too religious?

In any event, my home county's school board is rolling out its punishment for maliciously misgendering someone.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fairfax-schools-rules-suspend-students-malicious-misgendering

Were I still in school, and in Fairfax County, I think I'd just call everyone an ahole.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: "Maliciously misgender" someone? That's 5 days off...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 01:25:17 PM »
Were I still in school, and in Fairfax County, I think I'd just call everyone an ahole.

Well everyone male or female and any combination thereof has one
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 01:48:25 PM »
When the potential costs of interacting with someone outweigh the potential benefits by a long margin, what lesson do you think regular people will take away from this?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 05:31:43 PM »
What if the person wishes to be addressed by a name that is NOT their legal name -- or gender? Is it "malicious" to use the name and/or gender that the law says they are?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 06:43:17 PM »
I posted in another thread where a middle school in I think WI did similar. Sent a letter to the kid's parents accusing him of sexual misconduct and suspending him from school. Parents freaked out thinking their kid physically assaulted someone. Turns out he wouldn't use their pronoun. That's sexual assault now.

That Title IX needs to die a horrible death - it has ruined way too many innocent lives over "believe all women and LGBZXYT".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 08:44:51 PM »
Coming to your employer soon
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 09:08:15 PM »
Related and are you kidding me? 80%? Bullshit. This is not the sign of a life choice, it's the sign of a peer pressure fad, like wearing Chucks high tops to school, only additionally being psychologically damaging.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/16/seattle-high-school-claims-that-80-percent-of-its-students-identify-as-lgbtq-non-binary-or-transgender/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2022, 09:05:14 AM »
Following up on the Wisconsin incident, good point that this Title IX thing on the kids record will kibosh his getting into college. Seems like legitimate lawsuit material.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/middle-schooler-sexual-harassment-accusations-pronouns-shatter-college-chances

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 09:19:26 AM »
Related and are you kidding me? 80%? Bullshit. This is not the sign of a life choice, it's the sign of a peer pressure fad, like wearing Chucks high tops to school, only additionally being psychologically damaging.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/16/seattle-high-school-claims-that-80-percent-of-its-students-identify-as-lgbtq-non-binary-or-transgender/

Actually, I wouldn't doubt it at all, for a couple of BIG reasons...

Big reason 1... Peer pressure from other kids trying to be in the "in" crowd. Peer pressure is powerful force.

Big reason 2... Superior pressure... superior in the form of teachers and other adults of authority in their lives who are ramming these concepts down their throats. When these individuals in positions of authority talk with them about this stuff, it's increasingly not a case of "are you? " it's a case of "You ARE!"
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2022, 09:40:55 AM »
Does anyone remember the early 90's when it was discovered that children are so eager to please adults they see as authority/mentor figures that they will straight create memories of sexual abuse out of thin air?  Memories that seem real to the kids and damage them later in life, just to please adults around them?

Pepperidge Farm remembers....

https://thepsychologist.bps.org.uk/volume-19/edition-6/recovered-and-false-memories

Pb

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2022, 10:01:32 AM »
Sexual perversion can be a learned trait.  That has become increasingly obvious.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 10:27:17 AM »
Sexual perversion can be a learned trait.  That has become increasingly obvious.
Agreed.  I believe there are innate tendencies of varying strengths for sexual preference, but that these tendencies can - especially at a young age - sometimes be influenced or overridden by social pressure and/or sexual abuse.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 12:55:23 PM »
I read a couple days ago some middle school kids are being criminally charged as hate speech/hate crime for not calling a fellow kid by his preferred pronoun "they".
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 01:20:18 PM »
Along with the malicious misgendering is the equally harmful  malicious deadnaming, you can't be calling little Johnny by his legal name anymore because he has now opted to be called little Janey.

Nuts, all of them, even little Janey if he would bother to take a look in his pants.

bob