Author Topic: Wow, chip off the old block eh? (Fun with the Kennedys)  (Read 1704 times)

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Wow, chip off the old block eh? (Fun with the Kennedys)
« on: May 04, 2006, 03:09:13 PM »
Police: Kennedy Appeared Intoxicated At Car Crash

Rep. Patrick Kennedy crashed his car near the Capitol early Thursday, and a police official said he appeared intoxicated. Kennedy said he had had no alcohol before the accident.

Kennedy was reportedly behind the wheel of a green Ford Mustang when it crashed into a security barrier at 1st and "C" streets Southeast.

No one was hurt, but there are reports that the car nearly struck a Capitol police cruiser and that it had been swerving, as if trying to make a U-turn.

So far, Kennedy HAS NOT been charged.

"I was involved in a traffic accident last night at ... the U.S. Capitol. I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident and I will fully cooperate with Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake," he said.

The Capitol Hill Fraternal Order of Police is calling for higher-ups in the department to allow patrol officers to complete their investigation.

The head of the Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 1, Lou Cannon, told W*USA 9 News Reporter Stacey Cohan that he’s concerned that Kennedy may have received special treatment and this could be a case where “rank has its privilege.”

Capitol police Officer Greg Baird wrote a letter to acting Chief Christopher McGaffin saying how the investigation was handled calls the department's integrity into question.

According to Rollcall.com, Baird -- acting chairman of the Capitol Police Fraternal Order of Police –- said Kennedy’s Mustang had its lights off when it narrowly missed crashing into a police cruiser and smashed into a security barrier at 1st and C streets Southeast about 2:45 a.m.

According to sources, Kennedy told police that he was late for a Congressional vote. But the House had adjourned more than three hours earlier, sources said.

According to Roll Call, Baird wrote in his letter that the driver got out and “was observed to be staggering.” He told officers he was a congressman late for a vote. Baird wrote that patrol officers at the scene were prohibited from performing field sobriety tests. Then two sergeants arrived, conferred with a watch commander and “ordered all of the patrol division units to leave the scene … that they were taking over.”

Congressman Patrick Kennedy is Ted Kennedy's son. He is currently serving his sixth term as the Democratic Congressman from Rhode Island. He sits on the powerful House Appropriations Committee.

Kennedy spent time at a drug rehabilitation clinic before he went to Providence College. He has been open about mental health issues, including being diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Source: http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=49033
Nobles are SOOOO funny :p
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 03:57:27 PM »
Crashes into a barrier at 2:45 A.M.? Naw, he wasn't drunk just "late". rolleyes Honestly, I don't understand WHY they (whoever "they" is) keep voting these losers into office. :barf:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 05:10:38 PM »
Aristocrats deserve special treatment.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Justin

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 05:18:18 PM »
It's official.  The Kennedy Family has fallen to the level of inadvertent self-parody.
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 09:16:52 PM »
Just watching CNN now.  Rep. P. Kennedy claims that he'd taked some prescription drugs earlier in the evening.  One of those was Ambien, which has been implicated in sleep driving and sleep eating.  Since the Capital Police frelled up and apparently took NO blood or brethalizer evidence, if Kennedy does indeed have a prescription for Ambien I think he'd be off the hook.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 02:50:20 AM »
Quote from: Sindawe
 Since the Capital Police frelled up and apparently took NO blood or brethalizer evidence, if Kennedy does indeed have a prescription for Ambien I think he'd be off the hook.
Not necessarily. If he does have a prescription, and by his own admission of taking it he could still be cited for driving impaired.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

m1911owner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 07:44:15 AM »
OK, so Kennedy told the nice federal officers that he hadn't been drinking.  Reports are now coming out that he was drinking at the Hawk and Dove.  Does that mean he gets to go to prison for lying to a federal officer, like Martha Stewart did, and they're trying to do to Scooter Libby?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 09:53:12 AM »
so Cynthia Mckenny was right

there is a Capitol Hill Police racial bias...
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 10:28:02 AM »
Quote from: m1911owner
OK, so Kennedy told the nice federal officers that he hadn't been drinking.  Reports are now coming out that he was drinking at the Hawk and Dove.  Does that mean he gets to go to prison for lying to a federal officer, like Martha Stewart did, and they're trying to do to Scooter Libby?
Haven't you heard?  Those pesky rules about perjury don't apply to Democrats.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 11:35:40 AM »
He is now apparently headed back to rehab for addiction to painkillers.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194329,00.html
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Justin

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 02:31:29 PM »
Hey, at least he wasn't flying a plane, skiing, or trying to catch a football!
Your secretary is not a graphic designer, and Microsoft Word is not adequate for print design.

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 05:03:50 PM »
I'll never forget when the former mayor of Columbus, OH got pulled over for speeding and was a bit drunk.  He told the officer

"I'm not drunk, I'm just inspecting the city"

it was a favorite t-shirt in ohio for years.  

can anyone remind me which mayor this was?  I think it was the guy before Dana Rinehart (it wasn't Rineart though)
Experiment with a chemist!