Author Topic: Wow, telling students and teachers to fight back  (Read 861 times)

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Wow, telling students and teachers to fight back
« on: September 02, 2012, 08:11:52 PM »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Wow, telling students and teachers to fight back
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 02:10:08 AM »
I don't understand the lock-down mentality. Especially when it can't possibly work.

Our local high school was substantially renovated (read: "rebuilt") a few years ago. After seeing the plans, I sat down with the deputy chief of the police department to discuss the fact that the new classrooms, where the occupants are supposed to lock themselves in if there's a shooter in the building, have GLASS sidelights immediately adjacent to all the classroom doors. The chief agreed it was a dumb idea, but the police department had no voice in the design. I pointed it out to the building inspector in a meeting with him and the architects, and the architects' response was "We like it."

So they built it.

:facepalm:  [ar15]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 02:13:28 AM »
"I don't understand the lock-down mentality."
That's because it's insensible.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »
I went to high school in the UP of Michigan in the 80's and there was a local incident where a student brought a gun to school and pulled it out in class.  4 or 5 guys nearby attacked him and pummeled him before he could do whatever he was going to do.  Fighting back always seemed like a better option than being shot.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.