Author Topic: Driving Hint, reminder, solar equinox  (Read 386 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Driving Hint, reminder, solar equinox
« on: March 18, 2022, 10:01:21 PM »
Just a reminder that many of our streets run due east and west and we may be driving directly in to or away from the sun at and around he equinox, Sunday, the 20th of March.

Please remember to turn on your headlights if you will be driving with the sun at your back. It will be very hard for oncoming traffic to see you with the sun directly behind you.  Be especially on your guard if they are making a left turn from the oncoming lane.

I don't want to sound like some kind of driving guru, but I've been driving since about 1955 AD and had my share of hard lessons.

My favorite personal driving joke is that roughly half my accidents have been backing accidents.  The other half have been fronting accidents.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 10:15:30 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Driving Hint, reminder, solar equinox
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2022, 09:43:40 AM »
Good advice, Terry.  Thanks.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2022, 10:11:09 AM »
Good intentioned of course, but the people who actually would benefit from advice about sun glare when driving are probably not bright enough to heed it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 04:09:35 PM »
My commute is North/South for the next couple weeks.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge