Main Forums > The Roundtable

i gots a question...

(1/6) > >>

spacemanspiff:
following a similar train of thought as the tv thread, except with booze.

ever hear people say "I dont drink", yet you KNOW they do? whats with the justification?

my retardo roommate used to say that all the time, even though he'd drink a half rack on friday night, another on saturday, and at least a sixpack on sunday. but since he didnt drink every day, he considered himself a 'nondrinker'.

no, i dont have a problem with people drinking, just admit you are a drinker, ferchisakes!
now see, take me for example. i used to be a hardcore drinker, always had a fridge full of fifths and cases of beer. i was one of those who would down a 12 pack by 7pm. i was drinking a fifth of the hard stuff every night,. yes, by myself, i'd drink a fifth of the captain, or a whole bottle of tequila if i was making margaritas.

nowadays, it takes me a month to make it through an entire sixpack. i dumped out my rum and tequila after they did nothing in my freezer for 2 years. still got a couple bottles of jack or crown, but its been over 2 years since i got my drink on at home.
every now and then i'll go get loaded at the bush co, but thats down to like once every 3 or 4 months.  

what about the rest of you? weekend warrior? or continual buzz?

Happy Bob:
Some people drink to forget. I forget to drink.

But I do drink. Not that much; I'm a cheap date, I guess.

Guest:
I shared before , I used to drink.  March 27, 1984 I took my last one.

This is my choice - the pain booze was causing was greater than the pain I thought it was killing. I don't have a problem if folks choose to drink.

Are there folks in denial - Yep.

S_O_Laban:
Teetotaler here, but I know what your talking about Spif...  Maybe it's sort of like people who speed all the time and don't seem to own a car with working turn signals... but say " Yeah I'm a very safe driver"  

bratch:
I'm a moody drinker I have to be in the right mood.  I went out Friday and Saturday night and had maybe 6 drinks the entire weekend and was out late both nights.

I have been known to get sideways but its becoming more of a rare occurance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version