Main Forums > The Roundtable

"Open Range"

(1/1)

280plus:
Saw it for the first time yesterday. Good story but I had to laugh at all the Hollywood gun work. The best was Kevin Costner charging while fanning his six shooter and getting around ten shots out of it. Do you think they did that to poke fun at the genre or because Costners character was so much bigger than life that he just naturally WOULD get 10 shots out of a six shooter? You know, kinda like how the Blues Brothers car spewed  about six gallons of oil all over the windshield but kept on going?

Then there was all the bodies knocked back with such force that they bounced off of walls 10 feet behind them.

Meanwhile the bad guys ticked me off so much I wished I was right there trading lead with them TOO! LOL...

I'll give it a thumbs up.

garrettwc:

--- Quote ---You know, kinda like how the Blues Brothers car spewed  about six gallons of oil all over the windshield but kept on going?But they were on a mission from God.

I caught bits and pieces of Open Range. It looked interesting.

Lennyjoe:
Notice how long it took that bullet to get from the long rifle to the water tank?  There were a few parts that were suspect but in all I enjoyed the movie.  Have it in the collection and just watched it again on Sunday.

garrettwc:
Well I got my westerns mixed up. I was thinking about one that was on cable this weekend.

I watched Open Range in its entirety when it first came out on DVD. I didn't remember Kevin Costner was in it. All I remember was Boss Spearman (Robert Duvall). That part was well cast.

A great western, like they used to make 'em.

280plus:
Yea, AMC had Broken Trail Pt 1, tonite is pt 2. Pt 1 was OK. We'll see how the shootout at the end is

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version