Author Topic: Dave Barry again  (Read 1136 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Dave Barry again
« on: December 29, 2015, 07:28:13 AM »
January

... which finds the Midwest gripped by unusually frigid weather, raising fears that the bitter cold could threaten the vast herd — estimated in the thousands — of Republican presidential hopefuls roaming around Iowa expressing a newly discovered passion for corn.

November

As the month draws to a close, tensions in the Middle East run high amid rumors that the Obama administration, in what would be a major escalation of American presence, is considering staging a Black Friday sale in Syria. Fortunately these rumors prove to be false and the worst retail violence is confined within U.S. borders. But the world situation remains troubling...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/dave-barrys-year-in-review-the-sad-thing-is-were-not-making-this-up/2015/12/20/5a55390a-993c-11e5-94f0-9eeaff906ef3_story.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Dave Barry again
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 02:02:06 PM »
In Garland, Tex., two armed men are gunned down by police after they open fire on a security guard outside an exhibit of Muhammad cartoons, highlighting the need for a national conversation on the problem of cartoonists drawing things that leave religious fanatics with no choice but to try to kill them.
=)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »
In other gender news, the Treasury Department asks for input from the public on which woman will be depicted on the redesigned $10 bill. The immediate front-runners are Mary Ann, Ginger, Taylor Swift and the two sisters from “Frozen.”
=D

In political news, the crowded field of Republican presidential hopefuls is joined by a person named “John Kasich,” who claims to have at one time been governor of Ohio, although nobody can verify this.
:laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »
A huge military blimp breaks loose from its moorings and rampages across Pennsylvania, wreaking havoc and knocking out power for thousands before being lured back into captivity by a Hello Kitty blimp hastily borrowed from the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade and positioned in what a Pentagon source describes as “a provocative pose.”
:laugh:

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 02:44:47 PM »
^^^I believe Jamis would hit that.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 09:16:28 PM »
... there is troubling news from Baltimore, where the death of an African American man in police custody touches off a conversation on race that lasts several days, resulting in more than 250 arrests and extensive property damage. The Rev. Al Sharpton rushes to the scene but is unable to prevent things from eventually calming down.

Funny because it's true.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden