Author Topic: Youtube TV?  (Read 788 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Youtube TV?
« on: December 12, 2017, 11:51:40 AM »
Has anyone here tried Youtube TV yet? It seems like it has the potential to be a closer replacement to Cable/Sat than the other services out there.

http://www.techradar.com/news/youtube-tv-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-tv-streaming-service
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Youtube TV?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »
I tried it and was pleased with it. It does have a few omissions to the lineup but it depends a lot on what you watch/want to watch if that's an issue. I can't really compare to the other options, like Sling, as I haven't tried them.

I did cancel, but only because I found myself not watching it very much and can use the cash better for other things. If I was a little more cash happy at the moment I would have kept it with no reservations.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Calumus

• friend
Re: Youtube TV?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 07:33:26 PM »
We cut the cord about a month ago, and went with Hulu with live tv. I'm pretty happy so far, it has every channel we were looking for plus Hulu's streaming library. The picture quality is a touch better than cable was (Optimum) and the sound is great as well. Dvr isn't perfect, it'll skip a few seconds every now and then. Overall it's well worth the money, especially since we're saving over $100 a month from what we were paying for cable.