Author Topic: Looks like us males are going to need to start carrying murses  (Read 2939 times)

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: Looks like us males are going to need to start carrying murses
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2017, 11:47:01 PM »
Maybe someone will come up with a cell phone case that will block all harmful radiation from the cell phone.

First, somebody would need to come up with a cellphone that emits harmful radiation.  The closest they have was the old analog phones that emitted about 100X the power of modern ones.

Even then the link is iffy.

A friend of mine has one. Dunno exactly what it's made of. To test it, we were standing a couple of hundred yards from a cell tower. I had five bars. He put the phone in the pouch and told me to call him.

Nada.

Simple enough, you just need a faraday cage.  A foil or knit metal mesh that has an insulator on the inside and outside so there's no physical electrical contact.  The tricky part is having an opening to put the phone inside of it.  A plastic zipper, for example, would provide an opening. 

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 10:25:18 AM »

Simple enough, you just need a faraday cage.  A foil or knit metal mesh that has an insulator on the inside and outside so there's no physical electrical contact.  The tricky part is having an opening to put the phone inside of it.  A plastic zipper, for example, would provide an opening.  

How about a chain mail helmet, instead?

Don't think you'd even need a grounding strap.  Impinging energy would probably be dissipated in eddy currents.

:rofl:10

Terry

Pic credit in Properties
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2017, 11:00:42 AM »
How about a chain mail helmet, instead?

You'd need one that covered your face as well.  Of course, in your case it'd probably stop all the screaming anytime somebody looked at you, so bonus there.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2017, 11:22:52 AM »
You'd need one that covered your face as well.  Of course, in your case it'd probably stop all the screaming anytime somebody looked at you, so bonus there.

Nah, I don't have a problem with that any more:

Terry
Pic credit Pinterest in Properties
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 11:40:16 AM »
"murse" is a term invented by women.  Real men disregard that stupid appellation.  :)

I carry my stuff in a Maxpedition Versa Fatboy.   

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 04:32:53 AM »
I use a Messenger Bag and am secure enough in my manhood enough not to give a darn what anyone else thinks. I used a bag even before I was forced into the wheelchair. I can put my bag in my scooter's basket now though I guess...

[attachment deleted by admin]
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!