Main Forums > The Roundtable

What's going on at Naval bases all of a sudden?

<< < (3/8) > >>

dogmush:

--- Quote from: BobR on December 06, 2019, 03:07:12 PM ---Pearl shooter was enrolled in anger management classes and was still put in a position where he had weapons, this won;t work out well for those who did that.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/12/05/multiple-gunshot-victims-reported-active-shooter-situation-pearl-harbor-naval-shipyard/?fbclid=IwAR3p6x_j_G0-4CNCaZrnDMOdxsJ0U8P7HwB9aUceWoWXdSKLakM-DG8nMwE

bob

--- End quote ---

It's part of the fine line the DOD is trying to walk.  We are trying to encourage people to seek help for their issues (PTSD especially) and use the Mental Health services provided.  So there's a huge "no stigma, this won't affect your career." push.  You start pulling folks from duty rosters and changing jobs that's much harder to sell.  Then there's the E4 Mafia:  "saying I need anger management gets me out of watch in port? Hmmm."

French G.:
Yeah, there would be a run on anger management for sure. People on my watchbill just did it the old fashioned way, they failed qual scores shooting or managed to miss the few ranges we could get. So there is E-6 me on Sep 12 2001 with one of the only shotgun cards in the squadron. Guess what I got to do? Later on the ship it was worse, needed 3 weapons to be of much use. Turns out there was only two people in my duty section M-16 carded who weren't gunners mates or ordies, those guys running the armory or crew served posts. 12 hour roving post with no qualified relief sucks.

On the other hand, Navy was hell on Lautenberg. Which gives people in gun intensive ratings the incentive to carefully hide their domestic abuse to keep their job.

WLJ:

--- Quote ---Now the New York Times reports that six other Saudis were detained after the shooting and three of those six allegedly filmed the shooting as it unfolded in Pensacola.
--- End quote ---

So far allegedly but if true that means at least three others were in on it.

--- Quote ---The SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors jihadist media, identified the gunman as Mohammed al-Shamrani, saying he had posted a short manifesto on Twitter that read: “I’m against evil, and America as a whole has turned into a nation of evil.”

“I’m not against you for just being American, I don’t hate you because your freedoms, I hate you because every day you supporting, funding and committing crimes not only against Muslims but also humanity,” he wrote.
--- End quote ---

Report: 6 Saudis Detained After Pensacola Shooting, Including 3 Who Filmed Attack
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2019/12/06/report-6-saudis-detained-after-pensacola-shooting-including-3-who-filmed-attack/

RoadKingLarry:

--- Quote ---The SITE Intelligence Group, which monitors jihadist media, identified the gunman as Mohammed al-Shamrani, saying he had posted a short manifesto on Twitter that read: “I’m against evil, and America as a whole has turned into a nation of evil.”

“I’m not against you for just being American, I don’t hate you because your freedoms, I hate you because every day you supporting, funding and committing crimes not only against Muslims but also humanity,” he wrote.
--- End quote ---

So, basically a Democrat at heart.

French G.:
The deal at Pearl just starts to look disgraceful. There were no geopolitical concerns there with pet saudi students, just a small chain of command that never said "Gee, we have ourselves a bonafide s-tbag, how about we have him go scrape paint and not give him guns mmmkay?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version