Author Topic: Forced Diversity strikes again.  (Read 5876 times)

agricola

• friend
Re: Forced Diversity strikes again.
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »
I don't know if it would make any difference, but I wish there were some way of explaining to racial minorities the resentment that affirmative action causes among whites.  It doesn't really affect me that much, but if I had a nickel for every time I've heard white people complain about it...

The best way is probably to comparing it to the known effect of most state benefits - the idea might be to help the "disadvantaged", but in reality all that happens is that it makes the situation of the less well-off much worse because the state signing a cheque / mandating a policy in order to allow box-ticking is far less effective than the individual at improving their own circumstances through their own efforts in a fair system. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 01:26:52 PM »
You don't get diversity by compartmentalizing people by race or ethnicity; you get the opposite.

Are whites getting PO'd about being the only "unprotected class?"  Is that a rhetorical question?
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 01:41:00 PM »
A topic near and dear to my heart.  As of today, I'm not allowed to hire my new assistant because "we didn't interview enough diversity candidates"

Grrrr....
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 02:49:11 PM »
The more we talk "diversity" the more Monothink prevails in America.  Diversity is really about Equality trumping Liberty. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.