Author Topic: SCOTUS nominee  (Read 2882 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
SCOTUS nominee
« on: January 31, 2017, 08:05:12 PM »
It is Judge Neil Gorsuch.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: SCOTUS nominee
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
I need to read up on him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:49:28 PM »
I heard he was with Trump when they cleansed the undocumented citizen ghettos, back in '07, and when Trump was knighted by Putin.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 09:10:57 PM »
I thought it was going to be Hardiman.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 09:32:56 PM »
All of the pro-gun groups like him and every anti-gun group is urging their members to call the Senate to oppose him.
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:42:35 PM »
Seems like a good fit to replace Scalia.  Glancing at his wiki, he's no big fan of assisted suicide.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:28:40 PM »
I heard he was with Trump when they cleansed the undocumented citizen ghettos, back in '07, and when Trump was knighted by Putin.

Has the left published pictures of his Nazi Party membership card, along with pictures of him dragging hippies by their hair, kicking kittens and stomping puppies* yet??

* or is it the other way 'round??  I always lose track when I'm out Krystalnachting with my SOCTUS nominee buds... ;/ ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:35:23 PM »
The left will try smear tactics . . .

* They will accuse him of engaging in piscatorial activities with his underage daughters . . .

* They will accuse him of frequently watching films involving thespian activity . . .

* He will be accused of being an unrepentant homo sapiens . . .

* And they'll dare him to say these are lies.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 11:39:29 PM »
I have yet to see anything about him I don't like.  Granted I haven't seen all that much.  But what has been at the top of the list for those discussing him it's all been pretty good from my perspective so far.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 11:51:52 PM »
The amount of vitriol from the left will tell you everything you need to know....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 06:38:20 AM »
The left's opposition statement came out so quickly last night that you KNOW it had been written in advance and all they did was fill in the name.

Chucky Schumer's recent waterworks over the temporary immigration ban were amusing, but I think the clothes rending tantrums that will be coming from him over the appointment are going to be incredible fun.

One Dem, from Wisconsin, I think, was whining about how the seat was stolen from Merrick Garland, and he won't vote for anyone other than Garland.

The Dems are threatening every procedural move they can to derail the nomination, including filibustering. They can still filibuster Supreme Court nominees.

But what they can't do is stop the Republicans from taking a page out of Harry Reid's playbook and changing the rules to cut off the filibuster and apply the nuclear option to this nomination.

BUTBUTBUT... YOU CAN'T DO THAT! IT'S UNAMERICAN!

Revenge is a dish best served on Supreme Court china, you failed progressive/communist pieces of *expletive deleted*it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 06:41:56 AM »
The amount of vitriol from the left will tell you everything you need to know....

Facebook is exploding this morning with weepy outrage from the left. Occupy Democrats is losing its collective mind. I may reboot my login to Democratic Underground just to laugh.

As I was showering this morning and listening to the new and to some of the piece of *expletive deleted*it on the left they were interviewing, it really struck me just how much I hate, literally hate with a burning fury, the left.

A lot of times I'm not really fond of the right, but it's nothing compared to how much I hate the left.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 08:23:08 AM »
One of the talking heads/pundits on FOX news over night was saying he thinks the Dems will put on a show and ultimately cave on Gorsuch to avoid the nuclear option. Since Trump is likely to get another nomination during his first term and the odds go way up if makes two terms. The Dems would want to set precedent against the nuclear option for the next round.

I don't think they are that smart.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 10:12:13 AM »
Didn't Ginsburg promise to go away if Trump won?  Isn't there some way to enforce these verbal contracts so many liberals put out there?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 10:33:11 AM »
Looked over his record. Looks alright, not too crazy. Honestly, I don't care about SCOTUS making new law from the bench or even striking down laws I dislike, I just don't want them doing anything insane.

Good number of the justices are in their 80's. Probably will be a couple turnovers in the next few years.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 10:36:47 AM »
Didn't Ginsburg promise to go away if Trump won?  Isn't there some way to enforce these verbal contracts so many liberals put out there?

She did but now she is saying she will hang on until forever because she does not want a Republican replacing her and especially not the current Republican President. Old people, so wishy-washy. ;)

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 10:51:35 AM »
"I just don't want them doing anything insane."

That would be the reality of a liberal-led court...

I can't even begin to imagine the damage such a court could, worse WOULD, do to our rights.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 10:55:39 AM »
Having now read up some on him, I like him. Good replacement for Scalia. If anything, he seems almost more of the idea that "the Constitution is the Constitution".

I do disagree on the assisted suicide, at least from the little snippet I read. In the past I would not have been, but after seeing my mom suffer, I believe people that meet certain criteria should have the option. Of course this has so far been decided at the state level, and he may very well be a proponent of keeping it that way.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 01:28:49 PM »
On Fox, Judge Napolitano was saying to look for the most vehement opposition from the pro-abortion and anti-gun folks.

I figure, if the anti-gunners hate him, that's a BIG point in his favor.

And . . . it is a pity we can't ship Ginsberg out to New Zealand. 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 01:33:34 PM »

She's old.  Just keep her stressed out.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 01:38:00 PM »

I'm fairly certain that could be considered an act of war.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

BobR

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 01:39:22 PM »
She's old.  Just keep her stressed out.

That may not work, as a two time (colorectal and pancreatic) cancer survivor she has probably been able to increase her stress tolerance quite a bit while dealing with that. But, she is old and nothing makes that go away. ;)

bob

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2017, 01:39:35 PM »
I'm fairly certain that could be considered an act of war.

Okay, Antarctica.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

BobR

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2017, 01:45:08 PM »
Okay, Antarctica.

That wouldn't work either, trash is shipped back to its home country. ;)  :(

bob

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
That wouldn't work either, trash is shipped back to its home country. ;)  :(

bob

Research experiment?  Keep her down there for a bit.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.