Author Topic: Voter fraud frowned upon 'round these parts...  (Read 5069 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Voter fraud frowned upon 'round these parts...
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »
If you're out to commit voter fraud you might want to steer clear of Texas. Legal Permanent Resident fraudulently claims U.S. citizenship and votes not once or twice, but five times.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Trial-Begins-in-Alleged-Illegal-Voting-in-Tarrant-County-413091043.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand

Unfortunately it also highlights how easy it is to circumvent the system. All she did was change which citizenship box she checked on the application.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Voter fraud frowned upon 'round these parts...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »
Just voting for the democrats Americans won't vote for
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »
If you're out to commit voter fraud you might want to steer clear of Texas. Legal Permanent Resident fraudulently claims U.S. citizenship and votes not once or twice, but five times.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Trial-Begins-in-Alleged-Illegal-Voting-in-Tarrant-County-413091043.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand

Unfortunately it also highlights how easy it is to circumvent the system. All she did was change which citizenship box she checked on the application.

Brad

This is why I have no problem with Trump chasing this down even though many conservatives are saying, "You won, let it go".

If this is happening in TX, where the state at least makes an effort to prevent it, imagine what has been going on in CA. I was saying "millions of cases" well before Trump was, and I still firmly believe that's the case.

The statement gets laughed at a lot in regards to the numbers, but in CA alone, there are nearly 4 million "known" illegals. Imagine how many "unknown" illegals there are. After all, their whole game is staying under the radar (unless they're related to certain CA state senators). There is no way to know the real numbers, and I'm certain TX has a large share as well, despite efforts by that state to curtail it.

Now add in the higher probability that these populations, who are already committing a crime, will have less of a problem committing other crimes, like voting multiple times. It is a huge problem.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 02:13:20 PM »
This is why I become incensed by those who oppose requiring proof of citizenship in order to register as a voter, and requiring proof of identity in order to vote. The privilege and duty of voting is supposed to be one of the most important aspects of citizenship. If we don't take it seriously enough to even verify the validity of applicants, what good is even talking about registration?

As for this woman's claim that she didn't know she wasn't a citizen, all I can say is "Yeah, right."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »
As for this woman's claim that she didn't know she wasn't a citizen, all I can say is "Yeah, right."

You know, I can almost accept that claim. Well, not accept it, but understand how it was made. The illegal mill is multi-generational at this point, and I'm not surprised that many of these people don't even know whether they are actually citizens or not, because by now there are certainly wives tales and common fallacies like, "If you've lived here "X" years, you're automatically a citizen".

That doesn't negate the criminality, but I'm sure the spread of false and assumed information hasn't helped.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 03:56:52 PM »
Undocumented voting - if you don't like it, you're a racist.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 04:16:56 PM »
Where did she get the Social Security number to register?
Let's say hypothetically that she did think she was a citizen.  She voted 5 times!  Eight years in prison sounds about right.
"It's good, though..."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »
Where did she get the Social Security number to register?
Let's say hypothetically that she did think she was a citizen.  She voted 5 times!  Eight years in prison sounds about right.

LRAs can request SSNs.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 05:33:13 PM »
LRAs can request SSNs.

I'm not sure they have to even request it. When my wife was granted her resident visa, the .gov assigned her a social security number before she even arrived here. I'm sure they wanted to be sure to get their cut if she happened to get a job fifteen minutes after landing.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 07:10:51 PM »
I can just see her thinking, "I wonder if I can vote in 2020 from prison."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »
I can just see her thinking, "I wonder if I can vote in 2020 from prison."

If the democraps had there way she'd be able to.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 09:17:39 PM »
I'm not sure they have to even request it. When my wife was granted her resident visa, the .gov assigned her a social security number before she even arrived here. I'm sure they wanted to be sure to get their cut if she happened to get a job fifteen minutes after landing.

*expletive deleted*ck her (the woman in OP) anyway.  Any goddamned moron knows you get one vote,  she can't weasel her way out of that.

Enjoy prison,  I don't have the slightest hope of her serving the whole thing,  but who knows.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 09:20:56 PM »
*expletive deleted*ck her (the woman in OP) anyway.  Any goddamned moron knows you get one vote,  she can't weasel her way out of that.
Enjoy prison,  I don't have the slightest hope of her serving the whole thing,  but who knows.

That's my sentiment exactly.
"It's good, though..."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 10:16:39 PM »
 ???
records showed that Ortega had voted a total of five times, most recently in the Republican primary runoff in May 2014
Maybe I'm reading too much into the phrasing here but I don't think it's saying she voted 5 times in the same election, just that she voted 5 times total (in different elections).
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 10:18:16 PM »
???Maybe I'm reading too much into the phrasing here but I don't think it's saying she voted 5 times in the same election, just that she voted 5 times total (in different elections).

You're messin' up my outrage.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2017, 10:14:40 PM »
IMO, this is partly wrapped up in the failure to actually enforce immigration laws for so long.  We have allowed these people to stay here and some have been here most of their lives and have children here.  There are going to be sob stories as we start deporting them like the links below.  However, the blame goes to the politicians who blocked enforcement of our laws, not the Govt now who is actually deporting some people. 
https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-02-10/attorney-says-woman-deported-phoenix-might-have-had-her-conviction-overturned
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/09/arizona-guadalupe-garcia-de-rayos-deported-protests
We have to get tough on this as it is the only way to encourage people to immigrate in the right way.  The sad thing is that being 2nd class citizens here is better than where they came from. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 12:32:42 PM »
Happened to see another article about this today that contained this slightly ironic tidbit
Ortega went to the polls eager to vote for Abbott, the attorney general behind the effort to eradicate voter fraud, to become the next governor of Texas.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 03:00:44 PM »
Sheesh.

Mexican born and Texas raised, Ortega voted in Dallas County after filling out a registration form saying she was a U.S. citizen. She did the same after she moved one county over, which led detectives to knock on her door. Ortega told them she thought she could vote because she has a green card. Isn’t that enough?

It's hard to believe that anyone could be so dumb they actually think a card that says "Resident Alien" means they are a citizen.

Initially, some Texas Democrats agreed that mandatory photo IDs might be a good idea. State Rep. Rafael Anchia (D) said he had been open to the efforts, but he then “started to see cracks in the narrative. I started asking myself what is this about? It was clear this was about suppressing the vote of black and brown people.”

I still can't understand why anyone believes being asked to show proof that you are who you say you are is in any way a method of voter suppression. The liberals can blather all they want about "common sense" gun control laws, but what's more common sense than requiring people who vote to show (a) that they are entitled to vote, and (b) that they are who they say they are.

The simple fact is, if Texas had required people to show proof of citizenship when they register to vote, Ms. Ortega would never have been allowed to vote illegally, and she wouldn't be in the mess she's in right now.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 03:21:53 PM »
Voter ID is also a hindrance to illegal voting in general which I think happens more than most people think. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »
8 years is a good bit of time.  Maybe it will discourage the the others.

The situation is that Ortega, 37, voted illegally and has become the national face of voter fraud, a crime that President Trump and other Republicans believe is an epidemic endangering the integrity of American elections, even though no evidence supports the claim.
Except the voter ID law will help establish evidence without hindering any legal voters.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 03:27:14 PM »
It's hard to believe that anyone could be so dumb they actually think a card that says "Resident Alien" means they are a citizen.

On the other hand, I find it easy to believe.  Remember the saying about idiot-proofing stuff and the result being that the universe invents a better idiot?

I still can't understand why anyone believes being asked to show proof that you are who you say you are is in any way a method of voter suppression.

The argument is that really poor people tend to vote democrat.  Requiring ID costs a little bit of money, to people for whom even $10 is considered a major amount.  In addition, these types tend to not have other forms of documentation in order that enables them to get the "enhanced ID" driver's licenses and ID cards, which means that they need to do things like request copies of SSN cards and birth certificates, and that can cost up to $100, and take a couple months.

That said, ID cards are used for a number of other things, but I'm satisfied, and voter ID laws tend to be upheld, when there's a free option for an ID card.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 03:31:19 PM »
Voter ID is also a hindrance to illegal voting in general which I think happens more than most people think.  

James O'Keefe has video of Democrat operatives admitting to a long-established practice of busing in voters from out of district/state.

The Democrats also know that the locales where they commit the blatant fraud are Democrat controlled and have been for decades. They need fear no prosecution.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2017, 03:33:17 PM »
the voter ID law will help establish evidence

In my opinion this is a pretty good argument for the ID laws although I rarely see it used - people seem to really focus on the prevention aspect.
Pytletski says this type of charge has only been seen in the past decade one time, but because there was not voter ID law, the county was forced to drop the charges. But in the 2016 election, showing a photo ID was mandated by law. The county was able to charge Noffke because they could confirm he was the one who showed up, registered, and voted using his own identification.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 03:52:15 PM »
On the other hand, I find it easy to believe.  Remember the saying about idiot-proofing stuff and the result being that the universe invents a better idiot?

The argument is that really poor people tend to vote democrat.  Requiring ID costs a little bit of money, to people for whom even $10 is considered a major amount.  In addition, these types tend to not have other forms of documentation in order that enables them to get the "enhanced ID" driver's licenses and ID cards, which means that they need to do things like request copies of SSN cards and birth certificates, and that can cost up to $100, and take a couple months.

That said, ID cards are used for a number of other things, but I'm satisfied, and voter ID laws tend to be upheld, when there's a free option for an ID card.

How do they prove who they are to cash a check at Wally World or collect money from Western Union?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2017, 04:33:04 PM »
How do they prove who they are to cash a check at Wally World or collect money from Western Union?

These people are often a step even below that.  As for ID, they'll go for things like names on utility/rent bills.