Author Topic: I Won't Sell My Home to a Trump Supporter!  (Read 798 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I Won't Sell My Home to a Trump Supporter!
« on: March 30, 2018, 12:30:18 PM »
Says a woman in San Francisco. I just caught this on Fox Business, so no link.

Apparently a woman in San Francisco says she will not sell her home to a Trump supporter. From what they said on the teevee, it's actually an interesting legal issue, because it does not seem to break any federal laws, but ironically may break California laws regarding fair housing and I forgot what else they said regarding discrimination laws in the state.

A second point is, did she screen her realtors, potential title companies, etc. to ensure they're not Trump supporters? I suppose you could look at this as a "bake the cake" situation, with the turnabout being, will she be happy if someone refuses to sell something to her given her political affiliation? It all may be a moot point given good luck finding a Trump supporter in San Fran.  :laugh:

Though it seems she might actually want a Trump supporter to buy it, given that a sale resets the property taxes to a higher value and thus the Trump supporter will be paying higher property taxes to liberal CA. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: I Won't Sell My Home to a Trump Supporter!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 02:36:57 PM »
Yeah,  because that EVIL Trump passed a TAX BREAK and people get to keep more money.... and is eliminating Obama era regs that stifle business and are GDP is getting better.
Geeesh, is Trump ever the evil one ....  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 03:54:11 PM »
How many Trump supporters would really be trying to buy a house in San Fransisco?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 06:49:30 PM »
How many Trump supporters would really be trying to buy a house in San Fransisco?
About as many as are seeking to move to Havana, Pyongyang, Mogadishu, Tripoli, or Tehran.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain