Author Topic: Advice - charter school in dallas, tx area  (Read 445 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Advice - charter school in dallas, tx area
« on: July 08, 2014, 10:40:07 PM »
So, we heard a lot of good things about the Uplift schools, particularly the one in north irving (North Hills)

We applied, and didn't make the list for that one or the irving South location. But we did get onto the waitlist for the irving south one....

We were called and asked if we wanted to enroll brooke in the one in grand prairie. It means I'd have to get off work at 1am, wake up and get on the road at 7 to take her to school, about a half hour each way.

I'm willing to do it for a better education, so I'm petitioning the brain trust. Anyone know anything about these schools?

http://www.uplifteducation.org/

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Advice - charter school in dallas, tx area
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:10:29 PM »
I have a niece that is teacher at one of the private schools in the Dallas area. I ask her and see what she knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »
I have a niece that is teacher at one of the private schools in the Dallas area. I ask her and see what she knows.

Thanks.

The test scores and college acceptance rates look great compared to surrounding public schools, but then again I don't put a whole heck of a lot of stock into either. And, supposedly it's not easy for them to manipulate that stuff due to the highly regulated lottery process... so they're not just snatching up highly advantaged kids. In fact, they serve a ton of poor kids.

Not sure what the demographic is at that particular school , but at another one the majority of the students are hispanic or black.

I'll go to the meeting and feel it out.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 06:45:17 AM »
She is a teacher and coaches cross country and softball at Fort Worth Country Day School.  I messaged her on Facebook last night and when I hear something I'll let you know.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:35:26 PM »
She responded saying that she wasn't familiar with them.