Author Topic: Roseanne Barr - "Behead Guilty Bankers"  (Read 3974 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Roseanne Barr - "Behead Guilty Bankers"
« on: October 03, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »
Who knew there was a "celebrity" worse than Jeannene Garaffalo (or however you spell it) out there? Sounds like she and Michael Moore should hook up. I'd like to propose that instead of 100 million dollars, the "maximum anyone should make" is $100 less than she makes.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/10/03/roseanne-barr-guilty-wall-street-bankers-should-be-sent-to-reeducation-camps-or/?test=faces
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Roseanne Barr - "Behead Guilty Bankers"
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 11:31:35 AM »
I didn't know Rosy Barr was a communist.

I mean, "re-education camps?"  They're communist, right.
Good grief.  What is Amerika coming too.  Glad I have plenty of ammo & guns.
But given Roseanne Barr .... I think I'm gonna need a bigger caliber ..... ... :facepalm: [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:40:08 PM »
If I understand the article correctly, she has amassed 80 million dollars being abrasive and unattractive, with an annoying voice. Shouldn't that be the headline?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »
Her quote:

Barr said she would be creating the “Green Tea Party,” under which she would run for “Prime Minister of America.”

I put the title she wants in bold.  It's probably a sin to laugh at insane people for their lack of reason, so I've sinned again.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 01:37:04 PM »
“I first would allow the guilty bankers to pay back anything over 100 million in personal wealth because I believe in a maximum wage of 100 million dollars,” she said. “If they’re unable to live on that amount then they should go to the reeducation camps, and if that doesn’t help, then be beheaded.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/10/03/roseanne-barr-guilty-wall-street-bankers-should-be-sent-to-reeducation-camps-or/?test=faces#ixzz1Zk1D2zZZ
Anyone want to guess what her net worth is? 

So anyone who has more money than her must fork it over.  She won't have to give up anything by her own hypocritical plan.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 03:27:19 PM »
When people like herself succeed in loosing anarchy upon the world, it will be the celebrities, not the obscure financiers, who will the first targets of irrational ire.  They have fame and good looks as well as fortune, and the your average leftist berserker envies those as much or more as money.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:26:38 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 03:39:45 AM »
When people like herself succeed in loosing anarchy upon the world
That isn't what she's advocating. In fact it's quite the opposite.
D. R. ZINN

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »
Sounds like she and Michael Moore should hook up.

Now that would be a love measured on the Richter scale.   [barf]

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »
We don't need guillotines, we need the application of the legal process to real abuses inside the system. 

The Tea Party needs to do more than just cry for smaller government, they need to insist on using the system as it exists to rectify problems--while there's still time.

"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 11:24:13 AM »

When people like herself succeed in loosing anarchy upon the world,
That isn't what she's advocating. In fact it's quite the opposite.

Oh, it's anarchy, alright.  The idea of using a guillotine may be hyperbole, but nothing good can ever come from those who would threaten its use, or believe that any monies made over a specific amount should be forfeited.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »
I liked Roseanne Barr's schtick at one time, although I haven't seen her in years. I listened to her say this the other day, and it sounded to me like it was her attempting to be funny. Her voice wasn't serious. That's just my take.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
. . . The idea of using a guillotine may be hyperbole, but nothing good can ever come from those who would threaten its use, or believe that any monies made over a specific amount should be forfeited.
Some years back, George McGovern (remember him?) suggested a 100% tax on all income over $100,000.

Wages were lower then, but it still meant that after mid-year, you could forget about most surgery, dentistry, legal assistance, etc., since once people in those professions hit the $100,000 income level, they'd simply stop working until Jan 1.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 12:20:07 PM »
I liked Roseanne Barr's schtick at one time, although I haven't seen her in years. I listened to her say this the other day, and it sounded to me like it was her attempting to be funny. Her voice wasn't serious. That's just my take.

I have no doubt she was saying the over the top stuff for publicity. I also have no doubt she believes the basic premise of "share the wealth" (as long as it doesn't negatively affect her).
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
Unfortunately, "shtick" is what so much of our culture, including the "serious" who should know better, now consists of.  People raised on MTV, SNL, Grand Theft Auto, Snooki and "The Situation," Real Housewives of Nowhere in Particular can't distinguish between shtick and serious, mayhem and merriment any more.  Barr might have been reaching for a laugh but this kind of sardonic humor presages real awfulness if the adults don't prevail. We are not that far from The Terror Redux.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
If I understand the article correctly, she has amassed 80 million dollars being abrasive and unattractive, with an annoying voice. Shouldn't that be the headline?

And not to mention the fact that she got rich by portraying a lower middle class working mom on TV.  I wonder if she has ever signed off to pay additional voluntary income tax.