Author Topic: Everyone be extra gentle with mtnbkr for a couple of days...  (Read 5376 times)

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Everyone be extra gentle with mtnbkr for a couple of days...
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2006, 03:49:13 AM »
You guys are killing me with the Barney theme songs. Keep 'em coming. Cheesy

What about Thomas the Tank Engine? My grandkids have been wearing that one out lately.

mhdishere

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2006, 04:03:41 AM »
A few years ago we went on vacation with two other couples, one of whom had a son who was then 2 or 3ish.  If the kid was awake a Barney tape was in the VCR.  When that stupid purple thing with only two teeth (both horse-shoe shaped) came on I wanted to gouge out my own eyes and stuff them in my ears.  He later got into the Wiggles were are almost as mind-numbing.

And, to do my part:

I hate you, you hate me
We're a dysfunctional family
then a shot rings out,
Barney hits the floor
One less purple dinosaur

Give me Veggie Tales anyday, or some old classics like Bugs Bunny

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2006, 04:23:45 AM »
Can someone please post the pic of Barney Rubble holding Barney the Dinosaur's head above the Highlander caption?

"There can be only ONE..."
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2006, 04:41:48 AM »
Quote from: garrettwc
What about Thomas the Tank Engine? My grandkids have been wearing that one out lately.
Abby's into that as well.  She even has a train and track set.

He later got into the Wiggles were are almost as mind-numbing.
Actually, I like them quite a bit more than the syrupy sweetness of Barney.  I've grown to appreciate them even more after reading about their backgrounds and watching how they interact with the kids during one of their concerts.  

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2006, 05:24:08 AM »
It's quite humorous to be walking the aisles at a gunshow, or standing at the counter at the gunshop, and suddenly realize that the tune mtnbkr is humming is a Wiggles tune...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2006, 05:51:47 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
It's quite humorous to be walking the aisles at a gunshow, or standing at the counter at the gunshop, and suddenly realize that the tune mtnbkr is humming is a Wiggles tune...
Tongue

That's just the insanity leaking out of my brain Cheesy

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2006, 06:14:23 AM »
"That's just the insanity leaking out of my brain."

That shows in the friends you keep, too...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

garrettwc

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2006, 08:07:31 AM »
Abby's into that as well.  She even has a train and track set.
My grandson got one of those for Christmas. Neat little setup, the roof of the station house comes off and you stow the tracks in there. The train cars have magnets on the end so even little 2 yr old hands can hook them together.

The thing that struck me odd was the narrator for his Thomas tape was none other than George Carlin!

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2006, 10:55:36 AM »
The thing that struck me odd was the narrator for his Thomas tape was none other than George Carlin!
They also use Ringo Starr for some of them. So tell me; how many drugs do you have to have used in the '60's to be a kid's show narrator?
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »
Come'on people.  Take it like a man.

I survived the Smurf's without permanent damage. . . . .except for the facial twitch.  Everytime I think of Papa Smurf I break into a cold sweat.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

garrettwc

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2006, 12:13:55 PM »
They also use Ringo Starr for some of them. So tell me; how many drugs do you have to have used in the '60's to be a kid's show narrator?
Exactly. I have seen several instances where the people our parents warned us about are now "responsible" citizens. I remember one called Rupert the Bear or something like that. Paul McCartney was the narrator on that one.

Strings

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2006, 01:14:24 PM »
I've managed to avoid the whole Barney thing. However, one of the guys at the comic show I used to hang at brought in Teletubbies. Couple interesting tidbits...

- cue the opening sequence of Teletubbies, and turn the volume off. Set up a stereo with Marylin Manson's song Dope Show. 'Tubbies dance PERFECTLY to Manson!

- Teletubbies are hypnotic. I watched one of the guys stand there, completely enthralled, his brain being sucked out through his ear

- Orwell's 1984 has got NOTHIN' on the 'Tubbies. Loudspeaker comes out of the ground, tells 'em what to do, and they mindlessly do it

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2006, 08:09:38 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"