Author Topic: Arrgh!!! I may need a new job since I don't have a 4x4 truck!  (Read 4608 times)

stevelyn

• friend
Arrgh!!! I may need a new job since I don't have a 4x4 truck!
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2006, 02:25:03 AM »
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Arrgh!!! I may need a new job since I don't have a 4x4 truck!
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2006, 04:56:37 AM »
12-18" of snow is a bitch to traverse even with a 4x4. I have grown up in snow my whole life from 4" snowfalls to 14-18" ones. Driving 30 miles in that amount of snow is unwise during the storm and shortly after wards.

If you drive off into a snow filled ditch you might find yourself in 48" from blowing and snow plows. I know because I have been there before int he past, 4x4 didn't get me out that day a $70 tow fee the next day did. Walking 4 miles down an Interstate to the nearest interchange in blowing drifting snow after dark, with vehicles going in the ditch all around you isn't a whole lot of fun either.

I drive 17 miles one way to work and 1-5 times a winter I reconsider driving, or attempting to be at work on time because my well being isn't worth the paycheck.

All a factory 4x4 does for you is make driving a little easier for you in wet, muddy or snowy conditions, still takes just as long to stop and just as long to get some place as a 2wd vehicle.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536