Author Topic: Motorcycle riding: How not to do it.  (Read 1250 times)

Otherguy Overby

• friend
Motorcycle riding: How not to do it.
« on: February 17, 2006, 09:35:58 AM »
28 minutes of video on totally insane not Politically Correct riding.

right click and save to disk:   (note:  69 mebabytes!)

http://www.v-rodforums.com/movies/barges.wmv

The "Shakey" guy in the video is a GP MC racer.  This is originally from FastBikes Magazine and part of a "road test" in France.

They crash two bikes, load them up in the truck and set out to crash again.

Please don't bother if you are going to be offended.

Fer the rest of y'all, enjoy the INSANITY.
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 09:39:32 AM »
No linky.
Andy

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 09:40:31 AM »
You're such a TEASE Otherguy Overby!
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

BillBlank

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 01:02:15 PM »
I own all of FB's video's - sheer genius. Colin Schiller was the editor and proprietor and one of my personal hero's. Pioneered all those knee down shots on the road you see in bike mags now. No bullcrap motorcycle testing. Went bust unfortunately, now does a quaterly called RPM.

Shakey Byrne owes his career to Schiller. As he was the owner of the mag he funneled the profits back into racing. He saw the talent and put his money where his mouth was. Kept byrne going for two years in supersport and one year as a privateer in BSB. Next year Byrne got a ducati ride and won the championship.

Year after that it was Moto GP with Aprillia.

See also Jeremy Mcwilliams, Sean and Jason Emmet, John Reynolds, Rob Frost, the list goes on.

Cool mag in it's day and inspired me to ride big fast bikes for fun.

If I could be bothered to convert vhs to avi files you'd see why I called Ghost Rider (jokingly) a pussy last year. Those testers were, if you'll excuse my dude'ism, AWESOME.

Sindawe - You got a PO box? I could chuck mine in the post if you like.
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...

Otherguy Overby

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 01:32:41 PM »
Sorry about forgetting to paste the link.  It's in the post now, and here, too.

http://www.v-rodforums.com/movies/barges.wmv
Guns
Motorcycles
Jeeps
Never enough!

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 06:05:09 PM »
BillBlank said:
Went bust unfortunately
Fastbikes is gone???

I loved that UK rag.   Although I haven't been in a bookstore for sometime now so I haven't picked any issues up.
That and its hard to spend $8+ for a magazine
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

BillBlank

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2006, 02:10:45 AM »
Yep, it died and got bought out by a car rag publisher. Damn near unreadable now. It's not often I get a desire to publicly flog people but the first issue after the buyout enraged me.  T&A is not a substitute for good writing.

I miss having a bike mag that told the truth and tested bikes properly. For instance, when the Fireblade came out in the Uk the press here started wetting their pants and writing scare stories about this widow maker. Herr Schiller had a different opinion, that this was the best thing since sliced bread and we (the sportsbike riding public) would all be riding something similar but faster in a few years.

Oh yes, must not forget that it was the only periodical that had me laughing out loud. In real life I'm sure they were annoying and pretentious but in print Jimmy Millers escapades across the south of france were pant wettingly funny on occaision.
Just so happens Satan's behind the bar pulling the late shift for a buddy...