Author Topic: All your food belongs to us  (Read 12443 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
All your food belongs to us
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »
Anyone familiar with this little gem of a takeover by the feds?  US Senate passes the Patriot Act for Food, S510, by a vote of 73 to 25

http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/s-510-is-hissing-in-the-grass/

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
Re: All your food belongs to us
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:11:40 AM »
I metioned this in another thread yesterday.  Couple that with WikiLeaks being a plan by Obama and his Marxist handleers to use it as an excuse to regulate the internet.

You think we'll all look good in our gray Mao clothes?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 09:15:31 AM »
http://hubpages.com/hub/SB-510-and-your-right-to-grow-your-own-food

Interestingly enough it seems that alot of small hippy farmers are pissed off about this. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »
Ironically, right after Obama freezes Federal pay, they pass a bill that requires hiring more Federal workers.

And yeah, this one seems to be pissing off everyone from the hippy farmers to farming corporations. Ultimately everyone who eats will be pissed off when food prices skyrocket.

Also, smooth move by the Republicans who voted for this, right after an election that screamed, "Smaller government!"
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 10:33:17 AM »
Sweet zombie baby jeebus, the Statists never give up.

What will it take for them to get it, finally?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
i would suggest reading the actual bill as amended
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
i would suggest reading the actual bill as amended

I'm haven't been able to track down a copy of the bill as passed, but from what I'm finding second hand it would appear they added an exclusion for any farm that has less than half a million $ in annual sales. 
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 11:14:46 AM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 12:22:59 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2010, 12:15:11 PM »
Sweet zombie baby jeebus, the Statists never give up.

What will it take for them to get it, finally?

That's the one and only question.

Maybe complete collapse that they find themselves unable to manipulate, control, and exploit.  They appear to believe that chaos is their friend.  I think history suggests otherwise.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »
Holy *expletive deleted*ck. If this is true. It might be a little closer to that time ( mentioned by Claire Wolfe)

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 01:03:13 PM »
key words if it were true
  and so sad since the link to the actual bill has been provided
  and yet folks will take the time to read the website from the freefood folks
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 01:14:34 PM »
And yet another link to the bill
http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=111_cong_bills&docid=f:s510es.txt.pdf

As a small market gardener this new law does concern me.
My operation will be affected by this but I'm not sure just how much impact there will be.
I'm not optimistic but I'm not ready to get out the pitchfork and torches yet . (but I will be making ready)

I've been tied up with settling an estate the last couple of months and haven't paid as much attention to this I should have. both my Senators voted against so I'm happy with that. Looks like this will have to go to the House as the next step so unless I'm wrong about this it can still be shut down.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 01:21:31 PM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2010, 02:11:13 PM »
Are they purposely trying to destroy everything?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 02:25:19 PM »
They don't do that "purposefully" it is a natural ability .....
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

• friends
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
we pause to interject a few facts

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20101130/ts_yblog_thelookout/how-the-new-food-safety-bill-might-affect-you

please return to your regularly scheduled rant

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 02:36:22 PM »
You tried that one before; it didn't work.  You need to get over the fact that this is the internet; facts don't matter.

And anyway I'm sure that no other bill the dumbocratublicans ever passed as had bad unintended consequences .... like sending jobs overseas or anything ...no; only evil >:D greedy >:D industrialists do that.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 02:38:42 PM »
facts don't matter.

i think mr quick summed it up well

"Why, no. I don't believe truth can be brought to people such as yourself. I doubt you'd recognize truth if your head was held tight and your nose was rubbed in it."
Byron Quick

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 02:54:25 PM »
And so the bill is nothing but smiling wisdom and legislative brilliance??  [popcorn]

"He who made kittens put snakes in the grass."  ~~ Jethro Tull

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 02:56:13 PM »
you have read it? right?

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2010, 02:59:54 PM »
And you know what an UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCE is..... right?

• friends
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 03:06:24 PM »
yea.  was that a yes or a no? about actually reading the bill

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 06:18:23 PM »
I'm more worried about large, corporate mono-crop farming.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »
After hearing some hysteria about this bill last week or so I went looking for the bills sponsors, expecting to find the usual suspects. Never did find who it was since I saw a shiny object before tracking that down, but I did run across the current version of the bill as noted in the link above. While I won't say I was exhaustive in my research, it looks like the more onerous provisions have been struck out leaving a bunch of feel-god provisions stating that the Secretary must report on this, that, and that other thing while making plans should terrorists with frikkin lasers on their heads do something rash. Of course there can always be crap hidden way down deep that I didn't see through my glazed-over eyes, but at that point it looked pretty well neutered.

At the same time it had a lot of "the Secretary shall determine" language and that's not what I pay my congresscritters for.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 08:09:46 PM »
we pause to interject a few facts

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20101130/ts_yblog_thelookout/how-the-new-food-safety-bill-might-affect-you

please return to your regularly scheduled rant

I believe "sweeping new powers" was one of the facts mentioned in your quoted article. Which equates to requiring a larger fed.gov workforce. Which equates to yet another straw on the back of that camel that's walking from the country of "Anything not expressly forbidden is allowed" to the country of "Anything not expressly allowed is forbidden".

I'm tired of "for my safety" being an excuse for every new piece of legislation. I hold safety a good deal lower than freedom.

...safer food makes for happier, healthy bodies -- and greater bipartisanship. Perhaps the next Slurpee Summit in Washington should feature wheatgrass smoothies.

No thank you.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 08:13:15 PM »
I'm more worried about large, corporate mono-crop farming.

Sorry already has happened.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536