Author Topic: Obama working on gun control "under the radar"...  (Read 7523 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Obama working on gun control "under the radar"...
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 05:32:19 PM »
My recollection is that factions waging asymmetrical warfare usually win eventually  =|

Not in Iraq.

Until the American people really take back their own government on both the Federal and State levels, they cannot consider themselves to have "won."  We are one Justice away from losing our 2A RKBA.  We are one "massacre" away from a media-driven hysteria to enforce plenary gun control.  I wouldn't get too comfortable.

IMO, it's harder to file suit that you've been harmed by 2A "expressions" (what exactly, anxiety?) than it is for someone to file suit claiming their 2A has been denied.

As far as being "one massacre away", Virginia Tech and even the Rep. Gifford's spree shooter in AZ shows me that the idea of: "We've got a nut problem, and not a gun problem" has invaded the popular consciousness.

Does that mean we should stop fighting the anti's at every turn? Of course not.

We should just recognize that we have indeed been "Kicking ass and taking names" lately. And that despite these gains, some people have negative and pessimistic attitudes about the future of RKBA as part of their identity???

It's like a sports game. If you're winning, do you get pessimistic that "Aww... we're going to start losing any time now..." or do you use the boost in morale to push the final victory home?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 05:38:15 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 09:29:26 AM »
Until the American people really take back their own government on both the Federal and State levels, they cannot consider themselves to have "won."  We are one Justice away from losing our 2A RKBA.  We are one "massacre" away from a media-driven hysteria to enforce plenary gun control.  I wouldn't get too comfortable.

VT created a pro-gun movement for campus-carry, not a cry for more restrictions.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »
My recollection is that factions waging asymmetrical warfare usually win eventually  undecided

As AJDual pointed out: Not in Iraq.

Not in the Baltic, not in Sri Lanka either.

Moreover, assymetrical-warfare-factions almost always  take gratuitous casualties.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner