Author Topic: Troy hires Lon Horiuchi's partner?  (Read 2461 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Troy hires Lon Horiuchi's partner?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Troy says Monroe didn't testify and say he would have shot Vicki Weaver... the author says Monroe said that in Senate testimony.

Anyone have authoritative proof?

I'd think CSPAN would have video archive coverage of who said what.

(Frankly I wouldn't hire anyone that ever worked with Lon Horiuchi...ever.)

ETA:  This source shows Monroe as being attributed the controversial statement.

http://tech.mit.edu/V115/N41/rubyridges.41w.html

« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 10:30:28 AM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »
Horiuchi was interviewed shortly after he killed Vicki Weaver. Somehow some very enterprising news team (remember those?) tracked him down and asked him about the rules of engagement, and whether they justified his action. He replied, angrily, that the ROE was just "semantics".

That interview apparently vanished- I saw it once, on TV, and apparently it never played again.

If anyone wants some detail on this, Weavers attorney, Gerry Spence, wrote a interesting book on the case.

Randy Weaver just wanted to be left alone. The Feds tried to entrap him, blackmail him, spied on him, and killed his dog, his son, his wife, and badly wounded his best friend.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 10:45:16 AM »
I've been trying to search Congressional Record for the "official" transcript.

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/LegislativeData.php?&n=Record&c=104

I've found reference to the Subcommittee on Terrorism meetings on Sept 14/15 of 1995, but I can't find the transcripts there.  Anyone know how to find them?  I'd prefer actual video than transcripts, but I'll take what I can get.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »
Are instructors really that hard to find?  Troy seems to need a new HR department.

Troy Industries hires anti-gun, cowardly political hack Jody Weis as an instructor

They seemed to have changed their minds, but the fact that they would seek out people like these and offer them employment does not reflect well on them.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 11:28:49 AM »
I don't know why these companies feel the need to go Full Derperator in their endorsements.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 12:11:48 PM »
Monroe testimony in front of the Senate Committee.  His testimony starts at around 1:10:00. 

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/67153-1

I also fail to understand why these companies go full retard.  :facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 12:25:43 PM »
Monroe testimony in front of the Senate Committee.  His testimony starts at around 1:10:00. 

Because they are the sort to give tongue baths to LEOs of any sort: good, bad, indifferent.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »

Thanks, Scout.

1hr 42min is the point where this controversial statement is made, and someone says "I didn't shoot because Horiuchi beat me to it".  That's Ed Wenger, according to the subtitle on screen.  Monroe has a very retro bowl cut in his interview with the Senate.  Definitely not him.
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 01:34:54 PM »
lol... 2 hours 16 minutes in Monroe says he did not take the shot because he did not have a good shot.

Then he really steps in it... "Our fire discipline is as much trained as our fire accuracy."

So was it Lon's discipline, or his accuracy, that contributed to Vicki Weaver's death?   :rofl:

Anyways, he goes on 30 seconds later to say if he had a clean shot, he would have taken it.
--Lysander Spooner

Levant

• friend
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 01:46:10 PM »
Obviously Troy hopes to make more money from LEO and government sales than those few civilian sales he will lose.  In fact, most civilians don't care about these stories and will deal with them anyway.

There's no excuse for hiring Dale Monroe and expecting to do business with informed civilian gun owners.  But I wonder about Weis.  I wonder if we could have seen that supposedly anti-gun activist turn colors since his new job would have required it.  Of course we couldn't know if he turned colors because he learned more or rethought the issue or if he was, as he appears to have always been, simply saying what he thought his employer wanted to hear.

edit: I have a zero tolerance for gun-control-tolerant vendors.  I won't be buying anything from Troy.  They have a lot of stuff for sale on Midway and other big suppliers.  Hopefully they get dropped.  Being tolerant of gun control in order to, so they think, make a few bucks is not something they can apologize for and move on.  It is something for which, in my opinion, they should be run out of business.  No gun owner should ever do business with them.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:50:38 PM by Levant »
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Levant

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
lol... 2 hours 16 minutes in Monroe says he did not take the shot because he did not have a good shot.

Then he really steps in it... "Our fire discipline is as much trained as our fire accuracy."

So was it Lon's discipline, or his accuracy, that contributed to Vicki Weaver's death?   :rofl:

Anyways, he goes on 30 seconds later to say if he had a clean shot, he would have taken it.

And yet Troy still tries to cover for him.  His being there alone is enough, in my mind, to severely tarnish his value as a marketing tool or named position.  What he has said otherwise makes him a criminal.
NEOKShooter on GRM

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 03:41:07 PM »
Anything ever happen with those whore spawn at HS Prescision hiring Horiuchi? Apparently not "getting Zumbo'ed out of business," sadly.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 07:32:17 PM »
No, but the bulk of their business is LEO and other government and military.

To take down all testimonials rather than take down one is a slap to the gun-owners of America.  Rather than admitting or conceding that Horiuchi's endorsement was unacceptable, they said, "no Horiuchi then no endorsements at all."

Endorsements like that are a big plus for a business, often the difference between a potential customer dialing the phone or not.  Dropping them all instead of just Horiuchi's means that their support for Horiuchi goes much deeper than just business - but not so deep that they dared leave the endorsement up.
NEOKShooter on GRM

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2013, 07:54:02 PM »
Are instructors really that hard to find?  Troy seems to need a new HR department

Really....

With the amount of real world experience coming back from the Middle East you'd think it would be pretty easy to hire someone better than the turds they picked up.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 08:04:41 PM »
Troy goes all in. From the Troy Facebook post.

The accusations that Mr. Monroe would have taken a shot at Vicki Weaver are false. His Congressional testimony affirms that had he a better vantage point, he was prepared to shoot at Kevin Harris, the armed combatant posing an immediate threat to him, his team, and everyone at the scene.

Tragedy lies in the fact that the shot intended for Kevin Harris reached its target, but also struck Vicki Weaver, positioned out of sight, behind a door. For the past 20 years, Mr. Monroe has shared his experiences across the country through many presentations and a television appearance. During these presentations, he explained the mistakes which led up to the tragedy and the valuable lessons learned from the event. While nothing can change what happened that day, Dale's firsthand account imparts valuable tools to our nation’s law enforcement. I'm confident that his experience at that incident taught him more than the other countless successful missions he completed as an FBI HRT Operator.

It's easy in an emotionally charged situation where a mother's life has been taken, to lose sight of the facts. In our most trying times and failures we have an opportunity to rise above and distinguish ourselves to be people of character and honor. I know Dale Monroe to be such a man.

As a Troy Asymmetric instructor, he has the opportunity to prevent future tragedies like Ruby Ridge. We are proud to have him on our team.

-Steve Troy
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 08:15:28 PM »
As a Troy Asymmetric instructor, he has the opportunity to prevent future tragedies like Ruby Ridge.

So he can train the next wave of Government assassins to not leave anybody behind to counter the official story, I guess. =|
--Lysander Spooner

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 08:51:07 PM »
Obviously Troy hopes to make more money from LEO and government sales than those few civilian sales he will lose.  In fact, most civilians don't care about these stories and will deal with them anyway.

True, but I think it is harder and harder to get away with stuff like this.  Look at Zumbo and Recoil Magazine.  Time will tell if this makes the rounds as much as those stories did.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.