Author Topic: Liberals are getting annoyed at Obama, too.  (Read 7527 times)

FiveBillionAcres

Re: Liberals are getting annoyed at Obama, too.
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »
If candidates are campaigning more and more in foreign countries it might be because foreigners have increasingly more to say about the direction of this nation.  That will be even more true after the next Election.  Someone wants it that way.

What?! You mean there might be an organized plot by the world's elite to shift power ever higher into a smaller and smaller group while at the same time convincing the masses that they are becomming more progressive and better off?  Tongue

Power went from the individual to the state and then to the union and now it's progressing to the world wide community which is NOT directed by democracy but the elites. The UN wants to ban private small arms ownership, do you really think most of the people of the world are up for this? No it's to stop revolutions.

Maybe Republicans SHOULD use more bumperstickers, people like to get behind a winner, My extended family is visiting and their 3 kids are all like OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! OBAMA! yet not one of them could tell me why they would vote for him or how he was any different from McCain. Their parents couldn't explain to me why he was a better candidate than McCain other than he wasn't a "war monger" which he's showing himself to be more of than McCain!

As for flip flopping and moving his policies more towards the center (which I don't think Obama is actually doing) perhaps with some politicians it's not flip flopping so much as taking a stand which they feel best represents the majority of the people which they would represent? Regardless of their own opinions on a topic... yeah but there's no "spine" in that right? Though I don't think McCain or Obama is doing that in the least I think they're vote pandering knowing that normally strong democratic or republican voters don't matter because they will either not vote or continue to vote for "their party" and that it's the swing voters in a couple states which determine the presidency. Which I also think is stupid because there are probably more pissed off right of center people who won't vote than center line people who will be swayed to the right by a mushy half democrat McCain. I honestly think if there was a true conservative on the ticket the republicans would have a better chance than with McCain because so many won't show up to vote and Obama has such momentum the dems will probably sweep up most of the center voters regardless of who he pisses off.

Obama and McCain are who the elites have chosen to have the public vote for (hello media manipulation) and they've already decided Obama will win.

We can just hope that both Obama and McCain both have massive simultaneous heart attacks and we get a "do over"

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:19 PM »
We can just hope that both Obama and McCain both have massive simultaneous heart attacks and we get a "do over"

I do not wish ill will on any politician just because I happen to disagree with them.

That is a reprehensible sentiment.

FiveBillionAcres

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2008, 09:49:09 PM »
I didn't say they had to die from them... I just believe them both to be corrupt disshonest pawns who have been carried to their current (and future) positions by amoral and often illegal means.

Perhaps they could both just have "changes of heart" and decide to pull out.