Author Topic: How will you be desecrating Earf Day today?  (Read 6074 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: In Honor of Earth Day, Let's Have Some DDT
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 11:27:40 AM »
2. Call a buddy  whose stepdad* still has a 100lb bag of DDT in his basement and offer to "take it off his hands" so I can sling some in my crawlspace.
Good idea . . . anyone know where I can score some Diazinon, Dursban, or Betasan? They all worked well to either kill bugs or (in the case of Betasan) suppress weeds, and all were taken off the market and replaced by relatively ineffective substitutes . . .  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
Re: How will you be desecrating Earf Day today?
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »
As this thread yet again demonstrates, running your engine on Earth Day is all most have got.
No. No. No.  We run our engine all day, then we turn our lights out for an hour at the end of the day so we can feel better about ourselves and yet conserve nothing.  Of course, we will empty aluminum cans and plastic water bottles during that hour and not recycle them, but who cares about that.  We feel better.   =D

I would go create some more CO2 by burning smokeless powder, but I have to attend a defensive driving class tonight.  I guess I can rest well knowing the chemical plant I work at is venting a bunch of CO2 all day today.  :)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »
I've been thinking about firing up my small coal fired forge for a project I've been wanting to get done.
Either that or I may just burn a couple of brush piles.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zahc

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 12:23:41 PM »
Run Sugar Mama on the muffs to charge up the batteries.
Do you have a battery charger? Those thinks kill water pumps IME.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 12:56:01 PM »
I figure I'll just stand by and watch the irony.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/22/business/energy-environment/22earth.html?src=me

From the above article
Forty years later, the day has turned into a premier marketing platform for selling a variety of goods and services, like office products, Greek yogurt and eco-dentistry.

Please explain what the heck is eco-dentistry?   ???
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 01:31:25 PM »
That's the wrong idea. Should be concentrating on debunking the wackos, not "desecrate earf".

Nope.  Ideally, we would all be on the street making fun of Earf Day by various methods with large carbon footprints.  Unfortunately, I'm not much good at organizing or taking to the streets, so I'll just wait around and see if someone else gets the ball rolling.  Someone else who's had enough of the alarmism, preaching, self-righteousness, etc.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 01:44:34 PM »
Think I'll go fire up my M35, spew that wonderful black diesel smoke everywhere and maybe dribble a bit of 15W40 on the ground.

TMM

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 01:49:45 PM »
hmm, well, i am at college now so i can't really burn any tires or anything, but i did burn some motor oil last night and tonight i'll be eating out at a restaurant where i will most likely eat a piece of mass-produced meat. wish i had a diesel truck right about now, though.

TMM

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 02:22:23 PM »
I will use styrofoam cups today and use styrofoam packing peanuts for shipping. >:D
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 02:28:13 PM »
I ran over a squirrel

I also plan to take the most inefficient route possible to my dentist appointment this afternoon.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »
I really heart my Earth, why would I want to desecrate it? ???
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 03:29:15 PM »
I recorded a lecture by a fellow libertarian about the benefits of the free market, which will shortly be uploaded to Evil Capitalist Youtube. There was, I am told, a Human Achievmeent Party held in Hertzlia, too.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 03:39:50 PM »
I ran over a squirrel

I also plan to take the most inefficient route possible to my dentist appointment this afternoon.

Was it from the KGB?   =D
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 03:45:08 PM »

I'd bet most Bolshevik squirrels are part of the GRU. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 04:58:20 PM »
Think I'll go fire up my M35, spew that wonderful black diesel smoke everywhere and maybe dribble a bit of 15W40 on the ground.

Did you ever find a place to park it?

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »
Did you ever find a place to park it?

My VFW post, about 30 miles from where I live.  =|

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 05:14:11 PM »
I really heart my Earth, why would I want to desecrate it? ???

I used to love Earf, too.  Now I would rather see it polluted by the smog of a thousand seal club factories, than to hear one more word of this constant guilt trip they try to put us under at every turn. 

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: In Honor of Earth Day, Let's Have Some DDT
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 05:21:45 PM »
Good idea . . . anyone know where I can score some Diazinon, Dursban, or Betasan?

What about chlordane?  I could use some long-term ant control.

As for Earth Day, I took the day off from clearing mesquites to burn a few of the ones I cleared in the last few days and smoke an 11lb brisket.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 05:35:16 PM »
No Idea.

He had a big nut in his mouth and ran right into the street and I felt a bump. Looked in the rear view and half flat the other half was twitchin.

If he was KGB, he must have been a trainee to be assigned such a mundane task. That or the nut had sensitive data  ???
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
I didnt even pay attetion to what today is. Lets see... Been reading novels (massed produced paper)... Smoking (earth wackos hate the tobacco industry yes?) ... Drinking diet pepsi from cans (i dont recycle although i might start for the cash for aluminum) ... Took a long hot shower with tons of shampoo, conditioner and body wash (thats petroleum based, not to mention the plastic bottles) ... But thats nothing special... I really should think of something special...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Iain

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 05:38:11 PM »

I used to love Earf, too.  Now I would rather see it polluted by the smog of a thousand seal club factories, than to hear one more word of this constant guilt trip they try to put us under at every turn. 

Brilliant.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 05:39:49 PM »
i burned a tire   just because  does that count?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2010, 05:41:49 PM »
i burned a tire   just because  does that count?

You're doin' the Lord's work, son. 

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 08:28:49 PM »
How can we make Mother Earf sad today? 

I drove around for a while today with a broke exhaust pipe.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 10:07:00 PM »
I opted to take my F250 to china-mart instead of the car.

Actually, it was just to keep the battery charged, really, but it coincided with earth day nicely.