Author Topic: Bronies. Why'd it have to be bronies?  (Read 8057 times)

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
Re: Bronies. Why'd it have to be bronies?
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »
Clever, but not enough to create a subculture out of, especially one that has creepy pedophillic undertones to it, however unintended it is.

You haul out the pedos and not bestiality?

No. Same idea, different ponies - they were a pink and a dark blue one.

Pinkie Pie and Luna perhaps? 

I'll admit, I'm a guy without kids and I've watched the shows.  I'll have to say that Laura Faust did a very good job, the storylines are much better than most of the cartoons I watched back in the '80s and '90s.  However I do NOT own any memorabilia and have watched the series ONCE. 

I think part of the fun for 'bronies' is that once you start 'looking behind the scenes' you realize that the ponies are living on a death world.  Seriously.  Outside of extensive support from the ponies, a human that lands there is likely going to be dead within the hour.  Wolves made of wood, hunting manticores, house sized bears(and that's the cub), cockatrices, dragons, poisonous plants, giant snakes, the list goes on.  Heck, they even have to face an invasion by dopplegangers at one point.

As one guy put it 'The place is dangerous enough to make your average D&D party think twice about venturing there'.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2014, 12:51:23 AM »
I think part of the fun for 'bronies' is that once you start 'looking behind the scenes' you realize that the ponies are living on a death world.  Seriously.  Outside of extensive support from the ponies, a human that lands there is likely going to be dead within the hour.  Wolves made of wood, hunting manticores, house sized bears(and that's the cub), cockatrices, dragons, poisonous plants, giant snakes, the list goes on.  Heck, they even have to face an invasion by dopplegangers at one point.

As one guy put it 'The place is dangerous enough to make your average D&D party think twice about venturing there'.

Holy Crap!  The only MLP I've seen in the last few years is the old stuff (I have two young daughters TYVM).  Might have to look up the new series and introduce the older daughter to it.

Chris

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 06:18:34 PM »
I had never heard of this term until a local radio station did a comedy spot making fun of them.  Lots of angry calls from Bronies for a couple weeks.  The radio host just laughed at them more.  I thought it was strange then.  The pictures above make it seem worse. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »
You haul out the pedos and not bestiality?

Pinkie Pie and Luna perhaps? 

I'll admit, I'm a guy without kids and I've watched the shows.  I'll have to say that Laura Faust did a very good job, the storylines are much better than most of the cartoons I watched back in the '80s and '90s.  However I do NOT own any memorabilia and have watched the series ONCE. 

I saw a couple eps with my niece.

Only a few scenes really stuck out to me:

The purple unicorn (Twilight?) being used as a gatling gun.
The "let's make the pink clones watch paint dry and blast the ones who get distracted" one.

And the one that REALLY caught my attention.

"OMFG, it's CERBERUS."
"That's ok, I got this.  I'll just run him back to the GATES OF TARTARUS and I'll be right back. "

Yeah, the gates of Tartarus are just a short hop, skip, and a jump away.

My niece was like "What?" 
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2014, 01:26:45 AM »
I have a friend who is a brony. He's a good guy, and really loves the show. Has some t-shirts , goes to cons.

It's certainly not the weirdest hobby out there.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2014, 02:26:19 AM »
I have a friend who is a brony. He's a good guy, and really loves the show. Has some t-shirts , goes to cons.

It's certainly not the weirdest hobby out these.

True, some weirdos like Glocks.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 04:00:20 AM »
Some people juggle geese.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 05:58:46 AM »
"OMFG, it's CERBERUS."
"That's ok, I got this.  I'll just run him back to the GATES OF TARTARUS and I'll be right back. "

In the last season you discover that somebody escaped

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2014, 10:48:22 AM »
Some people juggle geese.

Hey, now!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2014, 10:55:19 AM »
True, some weirdos like Glocks.

Stop reminding me of those disgusting perverts.

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2014, 10:52:20 PM »
Are you saying that you are a Brony or that you watch it like a parent with small kids has to watch Barney? Are you way into it like obsessed with it? Do you yearn to attend the Brony conventions?

I'm saying I watch it and enjoy it.  I watch a lot of shows and have over many years of my life.  I've never considered myself obsessed with any of them and I have never wanted to attend a convention.  Not even for Firefly.

Most kids shows suck monkey balls.  MLP is decent work.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »
Most kids shows suck monkey balls.  MLP is decent work.

No doubt.  Even Pinky Pie could curb stomp Dora and Diego at the same time.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 02:25:01 PM »
Here's a better link to that article. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2014/08/09/atlantic-writer-tries-convince-readers-adult-male-bronies-are-ok

Bronies are pathetic, emasculated overgrown children advertising their fail to the world as clearly as if they had neckbeards and fedoras. I pity them.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 02:36:11 PM »
Here's a better link to that article. http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2014/08/09/atlantic-writer-tries-convince-readers-adult-male-bronies-are-ok

Bronies are pathetic, emasculated overgrown children advertising their fail to the world as clearly as if they had neckbeards and fedoras. I pity them.

can you just dial down the hate? for like one day?
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 02:50:47 PM »
Someone has to post it.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 02:56:03 PM »
Can't you just give the hate a rest Scout?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2014, 03:02:55 PM »

Methinks your Cheerios have some horse pop in them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUl9_5kK9ts
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Methinks your Cheerios have some horse pop in them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUl9_5kK9ts

links like that should require warnings about eating or drinking. I almost died!

:rofl:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 05:22:23 PM »
Bronies are pathetic, emasculated overgrown children advertising their fail to the world as clearly as if they had neckbeards and fedoras.

I have a fedora, but I do shave my neck.

Most of the neckbeard types wear trilbies, though.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2014, 05:32:18 PM »
Bronies have issues.  What a bunch of disgusting perverts. :O

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2014, 05:48:18 PM »
Bronies have issues.  What a bunch of disgusting perverts. :O

Disgusting perverts because they're really into a show?

Interesting viewpoint
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2014, 10:18:32 AM »
Oh, you're going to love this one.

Bronies are dudes who are into a little girl's TV show/toy franchise called My Little Pony. In other words, they are freaky mother *expletive deleted*ers.

It's just another sign of our decline. 50 years ago, if somebody proclaimed themselves to be a Brony they would have had the *expletive deleted* beat out of them. Now they have *expletive deleted* conventions. And dress up in costumes.

Well, if nothing else, Boomhauer hit the nail on the head for one of the best justifications for the absolute requirement of the right to keep and bear arms. The dark side of democracy is the mob. The famed "two wolves and a sheep voting for dinner" metaphor of the tyranny of the majority. The counter to the mob is superior firepower.

AFAIK, while individual members may or may not be problematic, the group as a whole is dedicated to a legal and mundane subject. If 50 years ago, they'd be physically harmed for this, it says volumes of how much our society has improved. And the absolute need for the right to defend oneself from people that would attack them for doing nothing legally or morally wrong.

I also think Bronies are weird, but I'd have no problem with any of them shooting someone that wanted to injure them for their hobby and would only wish them good shot placement.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:29 AM »
^^^Although I don't hear much of them any more, this was the same rationale behind the Pink Pistols group: gays who armed themselves to protect against gay-bashing.  I have a vague recollection of some years ago, a gay-bashing miscreant was shot by a member of the group in Seattle. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2014, 09:30:01 PM »
As usual, there is little tolerance for those with an opposing viewpoint.  "Haters" eh?  For not sharing the joy of being a boy pony?  Amazing.  

However, I, and of course all the other deniers are supposed to be tolerant.  Of course.   ;/