Author Topic: State Dept May Pull Clinton's Clearance  (Read 2150 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
State Dept May Pull Clinton's Clearance
« on: June 20, 2017, 04:02:05 PM »
My first reaction to the story was, "What the hell is she still doing with a clearance anyway?"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/20/state-department-probes-clinton-handling-government-emails-could-pull-her-security-clearance.html

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: State Dept May Pull Clinton's Clearance
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 04:03:45 PM »
 :facepalm: just  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:08:45 PM »
Oh FFS...why does she still have clearance?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »
"What the hell is she still doing with a clearance anyway?"
:facepalm: just  :facepalm:
Oh FFS...why does she still have clearance?

I was going to echo these sentiments, but at this point, what does it matter?

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 05:10:50 PM »
the inmates are truly running the asylum up there in DC.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »
In the interest of retaining my status of not banned yet, I shall refrain from fully expressing my opinions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »
I was going to echo these sentiments, but at this point, what does it matter?

Well played!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 08:15:19 PM »
Yes, but the story says "could" pull her clearance. We the People are not out of the woods yet.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 12:08:57 AM »
She's no longer in office, and she has proven that she can't be trusted with classified information, so her clearance should be cancelled. That said -- she IS out of office. Even at the basic "Secret" level that I held when I was in the Army, access to all classified information was on a need to know basis. I have no idea how many Confidential and Secret documents passed through my hands in the year I was assigned to a guided missile unit (defending Washington, DC). Doesn't matter -- I didn't need to know what was in them, so I wasn't authorized to open them up and read them. Hillary has no reason now to be looking at anything classified so, clearance or not, nobody with a clearance should be giving her any classified anything.

Remember, that's what hung Petraeus (well, along with a bit of adultery): His paramour was a commissioned intelligence officer with a top secret clearance -- but she didn't happen to have any [official] need to know the stuff that was in the documents the General gave her.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2017, 12:12:17 AM »
She's no longer in office, and she has proven that she can't be trusted with classified information, so her clearance should be cancelled.

And she should be wearing an orange pantsuit with big numbers on it, too.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2017, 11:57:42 AM »
Theoretically, past secretaries of state retain their clearances so that they can be aware of issues that come up and advise the new secretary of state, if asked. (Wonder if Kissinger still has his . . . )

I don't see Rex Tillerson asking Hillary for advice.

What I DON'T understand is why Trump or Tillerson didn't yank her clearance as soon as they were sworn in.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2017, 01:12:06 PM »
Theoretically, past secretaries of state retain their clearances so that they can be aware of issues that come up and advise the new secretary of state, if asked. (Wonder if Kissinger still has his . . . )

What I DON'T understand is why Trump or Tillerson didn't yank her clearance as soon as they were sworn in.

Kissinger still has his, but he's not a bucketmouth.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2017, 01:25:35 PM »

One good option would be to ask her (or Kerry) what she would do then do exactly the opposite.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 01:44:23 PM »

Former presidents and secretaries are often consulted for events that occurred during their term. Usually it is handled very discreetly and almost never mentioned.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 07:14:56 PM »
Yes, but Hillary doesn't need a clearance anymore.  If the current administration needs anything from Hillary, it would be quicker to call Ol' Vlad and ask him to forward the relevant e-mail from Hillary's server.

P.S.  I also saw something a while back.  Hillary is still apparently getting morning "briefings"  (Non-classified) from her "aides".  Jut like when she was SecState and holding court.  (Sounded like they are condensing what's in the news for her).  She nods and asks questions, then moves on to the next aide.   I found very weird and off-putting.  Almost macabre.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.