Author Topic: How to raise money with Bunnies  (Read 3694 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
How to raise money with Bunnies
« on: March 12, 2005, 06:31:48 PM »
http://www.savetoby.com/

Welcome,

Toby is the cutest little bunny on the planet. Unfortunately, he will DIE on June 30th, 2005 if you dont help. I rescued him several months ago. I found him under my porch, soaking wet, injured from what appeared to be an attack from an alley cat. I took him in, thinking he had no chance to live from his injuries, but miraculously, he recovered. I have since spent several months nursing him to health. Toby is a fighter, thats for sure.

Unfortunately, on June 30th, 2005, Toby will die. I am going to eat him. I am going to take Toby to a butcher to have him slaughter this cute bunny. I will then prepare Toby for a midsummer feast. I have several recipes under consideration, which can be seen, with some pretty graphic images, under the recipe section.

I dont want to eat Toby, he is my friend, and he has always been the most loving, adorable pet. However, God as my witness, I will devour this little guy unless I receive 50,000$ USD into my account from donations or purchase of merchandise. You can help this poor, helpless bunnys cause by making donations through my verified PayPal account by clicking on any of the Donate buttons on this site, or by purchasing merchandise at the Savetoby.com online store.

Here is the current status of donations for Toby, as of March 10th, 2005. Thanks to everyone who has contributed!
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

PlayTheAces

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 08:11:40 AM »
I only took a gander at this thread cause I thought it was advice on ditching old issues of Playboy.

The Lalangi recipe looks interesting.  I'll vote for that one.  Don't forget, you might be able to get a few bucks for the pelt!

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 12:33:59 PM »
"Only YOU have the power to save Toby."

Sounds JUST like PBS (which is pledging now).

Peet

Nathaniel Firethorn

• friend
  • Extra Thorny
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2005, 01:17:35 PM »
He found a domesticated rabbit under his porch?

- NF
Give up no state. Give up no ground.

http://www.njcsd.org

Jason

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 02:39:30 AM »
This is whats wrong with the Internet.  Get a job, give the bunny to some kid.

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 03:15:29 AM »
I've got an idea, Mr. Tuttle!

I'll buy YOU for what you're worth, and sell you for what you THINK you're worth...then I'll be able to buy all the toys I ever thought I wanted.
Known from coast to coast, almost!

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 05:45:18 PM »
I'm sure my kitty...

Aw, never mind.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 07:46:37 PM »
not my site moondoggie
just a link into the error net
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 08:04:48 PM »
Oh, that is awesome!  

The sad part is he actually has gotten about $20000 so far.  If people paid me $20000 for every rabbit I didn't shoot while hunting, I wouldn't be complaining about the price of MGs.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Moondoggie

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 04:09:42 AM »
Mr. Tuttle;

I didn't "get" that it was a posted link...I thought it was your endeavor.

I apologize.

I think it's disgusting and it rubbed me the wrong way.  I wish I'd never opened the thread.  Hunting/killing animals is a fact of life, (I'm not an "anti") but reveling in it for profit just doesn't float my boat.  Not in consonance with the concept of "Polite Society", armed or otherwise.  "Hucksterism" is sleazy regardless of the topic.

Not to make excuses for my error, but my mindset was probably being influenced by having to put down a beloved pet on Fri afternoon.

Again, I offer my sincere apology.

Randy
Known from coast to coast, almost!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 11:42:45 AM »
me thinks toby's plight is about as "real" as a Labgrade prairie dog fishing contest

http://www.toms-place.lovelandnet.com/writing/pdf/pdft.htm

sisco

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 11:12:44 PM »
Did you read the hate mail? Good for a couple of chuckles.
I emailed him. Told him I really didn't care what he did with the silly rabbit but if he doesn't collect the money we had better see photos of fried Toby by July 1st. If we don't then he's guilty of internet fraud!

Cool Hand Luke 22:36

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2005, 06:28:56 AM »
I think it's disgusting and it rubbed me the wrong way.  I wish I'd never opened the thread.  Hunting/killing animals is a fact of life, (I'm not an "anti") but reveling in it for profit just doesn't float my boat.  Not in consonance with the concept of "Polite Society", armed or otherwise.  "Hucksterism" is sleazy regardless of the topic.
+1

There's absolutely nothing wrong with hunting for trophy or food, or raising animals for for fur, leather or food. But it impresses me as very wrong to make a big joke out of the act of killing and butchering an animal.
"Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it."
Henry David Thoreau