Author Topic: ATF Astroturfing for "Demand Letter 3"  (Read 5242 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
ATF Astroturfing for "Demand Letter 3"
« on: December 07, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57338546-10391695/documents-atf-used-fast-and-furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

1: Require FFLs to sell to bad guys
2: Let bad guys kill good guys
3: Ask for more power and regulation after deliberately "adhering to Enemies of the United States and giving them Aid and Comfort" (note my chosen syntax)
4: Promote middle-management to upper-management due to increased budget
5: Profit

Note the lack of any step with ? ? ? in it?  Very cold and calculated.

Article Three, Section Three of the Constitution:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Note the plural here?  "their Enemies."  

The Constitution doesn't give a damn about the goals of the Federal government.

It cares about a crime (Treason) performed against the United States.  Plural.  The enemies of the States.

ATF giving arms to narco-gangs is sure as hell giving Aid and Comfort to Enemies of CA/AZ/NM/TX.  And facilitating their armament is adhering in my book.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 01:33:40 AM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

stevelyn

• friend
Re: ATF Astroturfing for "Demand Letter 3"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 01:30:33 AM »
You forgot:

Use contrived "evidence" of readily traced US sourced guns as a pretext for a major domestic gun control push.

Now you understand why I have nothing but ill-will and wishes toward the waffen BATFEces trash.  [ar15] :mad:
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:05:37 AM »
Makes you wonder how many other agencies have promoted ill intent to create job security.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 08:21:05 AM »
The site you linked has updated to some totally unrelated content. What was it?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 08:35:48 AM »
The site you linked has updated to some totally unrelated content. What was it?

It's in the middle column of Drudge today. That link should work. If this one won't... http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-57338546-10391695/documents-atf-used-fast-and-furious-to-make-the-case-for-gun-regulations/

What really leaves me impressed (not in a good way) is that the ATF did all this false-flagging, Reichstag Burning, etc. just for that "Demand Letter 3" to get multiple long-gun reporting in border states.  :facepalm:

Being completely amoral for the sake of argument, that hardly seems like it had a decent risk/reward ratio.

So while we knew it already, there's now definitive proof on paper the ATF is both evil and stupid.
I promise not to duck.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 10:16:38 AM »
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2011/12/was-fast-and-furious-all-about-gun-control.php

Some linkys at the above, plus commentary:

But a fundamental question has never been answered: why in the world did the Obama administration not just allow AK-47s and other weapons to be shipped across the border to Mexican drug gangs, but encourage and even finance such transactions, over the objections of jittery gun shop owners and its own veteran agents? If the Obama administration wasn’t trying to set up an argument for more gun control, then what was it trying to do? That question has never been answered.

If the Obama administration did arrange for the shipment of arms to Mexican drug gangs, not for any legitimate public purpose but in order to advance a left-wing political agenda, and those guns were used to murder hundreds of Mexicans and at least one American border agent–which they were–then we are looking at a scandal that dwarfs any in modern American history. I think one would have to go back to James Buchanan, who ordered the shipment of federal armaments to the South so that they could be commandeered by secessionists when disunion came, to find a worse scandal. And one could argue that even that act by Buchanan, generally considered the worst President in American history, was motivated by principle and not politics, and therefore was not as craven as Obama’s gun walker scandal. But such a judgment would be premature. A great deal more investigation needs to be done before we can conclude that Fast and Furious was the worst scandal since pre-Civil War days.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:48:24 AM »
And now we have this as Holder testifies.

Attorney General Eric Holder suggested Thursday that weapons lost during the course of the failed "Fast and Furious" gunrunning operation will continue to show up at crime scenes in the U.S. and Mexico "for years to come."

Holder, in testimony on Capitol Hill that comes as the congressional investigation into the program expands, decried the "gun-walking" tactic used in the operation as "inexcusable" and "wholly unacceptable." But a day after an influential senator called for the resignation of one of Holder's top deputies over the scandal, Holder denied department leaders played any role in the crafting of Fast and Furious.

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 10:54:33 AM »
Holder needs a tall tree and a short rope.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »

Yep, tar & feathers are INsufficient to the task.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 09:43:02 PM by roo_ster »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
Clear impeachment territory.  High time the American people got their minds around the brutal fact that the government we have is not their friend or ally.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »
Makes you wonder how many other agencies have promoted ill intent to create job security.....

Oh, surely you don't believe any conspiracy theories ...?   ;/  [tinfoil]

=D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 05:13:04 PM »
Oh, surely you don't believe any conspiracy theories ...?   ;/  [tinfoil]

=D

Actually on this one I didn't think that they had really gone so far as to use bad policy as a way to enact new gun control laws/rules/measures.  Sadly, I was wrong.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 06:53:12 PM »
Actually on this one I didn't think that they had really gone so far as to use bad policy as a way to enact new gun control laws/rules/measures.  Sadly, I was wrong.
Same here.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
We keep underestimating the malignancy we're dealing with; that could be fatal.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »

The waffen BATFEces pukes that went along with it need to dangle from ropes too.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 03:10:59 AM »
Yeah, man, when we hang the waffen BATFEces, I'll be watching, and munching on freedom fries! 

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 11:13:05 PM »
1.  I wonder if anyone has checked into whether the Boland Amendment would apply (I went and checked and no.  Even if it hadn't been repealed).  If would have been nice to hoist the D's on their own petard.

2.  Fisty, not sure if you are being facetious or not.  People are being murdered.  Many innocent.  A friendly foreign .gov is being made more corrupt, and the worst that the people that masterminded, condoned and implemented this are facing is early retirement.  BULLSHIT.  People who came up with this need to go to jail, people who ran and condoned need to be killed.  Pour l'encouragement des autres.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 01:27:51 AM »
I was just poking fun at the fellow for using the same gag twice in one thread. It's like using BO's middle name every time you mention him.

But I do like to order freedom fries from time to time.  =)