Author Topic: Atlanta NAACP wants Stone Mt erased.  (Read 1929 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Atlanta NAACP wants Stone Mt erased.
« on: July 15, 2015, 11:26:53 AM »
http://atlanta.cbslocal.com/2015/07/13/atlanta-naacp-says-they-can-sand-blast-lee-jefferson-and-jackson-off-of-stone-mountain/

Me thinks the anti confederate anything movement is about to bite off more than it can chew. This is getting absurd.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Atlanta NAACP wants Stone Mt erased.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:16:33 PM »
I really hope it doesn't come to that. If an attempt is made to destroy the Stone Mt. monument I predict people will get hurt.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 12:33:06 PM »
Anybody else noticing the number of pundits comparing this "movement" with ISIS?

What they are saying is not pretty.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 02:43:58 PM »
I really hope it doesn't come to that. If an attempt is made to destroy the Stone Mt. monument I predict people will get hurt.

If someone really wanted to start a race war in the kudzu belt, that would make Pearl Harbor look mild by comparison.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 07:30:37 AM »
I'm waiting for this BS to start hitting Northern Virginia with demands to start renaming highways and schools.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 08:28:13 AM »
I'm waiting for this BS to start hitting Northern Virginia with demands to start renaming highways and schools.

Already happening in major cities in the Deep South. My biggest concern is a group of dipshits if going to feel all righteous to punish indiscriminately random members of the black community.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 09:13:44 AM by charby »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 09:08:56 AM »

Already started. Robert E Lee High,
Jeff Davis Highway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »
They will all go down the memory hole and all that will happen is some bitchin an moaning.

The issue is something of a distraction, more of a symptom of the big problems facing us than a front line issue. Of course if you are a southerner maybe you feel differently.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 10:43:55 AM »
The issue is something of a distraction, more of a symptom of the big problems facing us than a front line issue. Of course if you are a southerner maybe you feel differently.

What this is is a test to see how fast cultural cleansing can be accomplished with modern methods.

This is possibly one of the biggest threats to freedom right now, when you look at it as a whole instead of focusing on the flag and the South.

The leftists are starting with an easy target, the next target is probably the entire history of the US Because "Racist whites!"- many efforts have been underway for several decades but now they can proceed on a unified front driven by social media and make large gains. Watch how quickly they have gone from some flags on a pole to removing monuments, digging up graves, and social media campaigns to commit crimes such as trespassing and theft. Despite the insistence of those who say "it's not about erasing history", it very much is.

So buckle down boys, we get to see *expletive deleted*it go down like in South Africa. Who's going to be the first on your block to get necklaced?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
What this is is a test to see how fast cultural cleansing can be accomplished with modern methods.

This is possibly one of the biggest threats to freedom right now, when you look at it as a whole instead of focusing on the flag and the South.

The leftists are starting with an easy target, the next target is probably the entire history of the US Because "Racist whites!"- many efforts have been underway for several decades but now they can proceed on a unified front driven by social media and make large gains. Watch how quickly they have gone from some flags on a pole to removing monuments, digging up graves, and social media campaigns to commit crimes such as trespassing and theft. Despite the insistence of those who say "it's not about erasing history", it very much is.

So buckle down boys, we get to see *expletive deleted*it go down like in South Africa. Who's going to be the first on your block to get necklaced?

What he said. It's all about inertia.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2015, 11:28:52 AM »

It feels like the communist revolution is getting warmed up.
Better question- whose going to be the first on your block to bag a communist leader?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2015, 12:57:28 PM »

I'm far from a fan of the Confederacy, I dislike Sherman on the grounds he was too kind hearted, soft and considerate during his March to the Sea. Even so, I gotta admit, the whole 'destroy history for political correctness' is a bad idea. The ISIS comparison is a bit strong, but it's disturbing that it is essentially not hyperbole.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2015, 01:29:06 PM »
I dislike Sherman on the grounds he was too kind hearted, soft and considerate during his March to the Sea.

I dislike him because he was 150 years too early.  Now it might do some good.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 02:49:21 PM »
Okay, I'll bite. What would be good about an army burning a wide swath through the South today?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 02:58:28 PM »
Okay, I'll bite. What would be good about an army burning a wide swath through the South today?

You are forgetting about the blindfold and spinning him around until he can barely stand, and then pointing him notheast up the coast starting at DC.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 03:06:36 PM »
You are forgetting about the blindfold and spinning him around until he can barely stand, and then pointing him notheast up the coast starting at DC.

For the thread win!!!
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 03:10:33 PM »

Not necessarily all that wide...

<opens Google Earth and measures Atlanta>

...call it 20 miles, maybe.  Just make sure it misses Conyers/Covington/Oxford.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 06:36:58 PM »
Anybody else noticing the number of pundits comparing this "movement" with ISIS?

What they are saying is not pretty.

stay safe.

I haven't noticed but, if I had, I would almost certainly agree.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 08:07:40 PM »

YES
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 08:14:41 AM »

Na, just release an apex predator and let the situation sort itself out.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »
I wonder - when they wipe out all the unrepentant rebels, who are they going to blame  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 11:39:32 AM »
Na, just release an apex predator and let the situation sort itself out.

Just tell them where they can get the license.