Author Topic: Poll: 81% of Black Americans Want the Same or More Police Presence  (Read 811 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
I'm actually not surprised except I'm a little bit surprised at how many Asians polled less time.
But anyway I think we have a classic case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Far more info and polling results at the 2nd link

81% of Black Americans Want the Same or More Police Presence in Their Neighborhoods
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/81-of-black-americans-want-the-same-or-more-police-presence-in-their-neighborhoods/

Black Americans Want Police to Retain Local Presence
https://news.gallup.com/poll/316571/black-americans-police-retain-local-presence.aspx#:~:text=%2D%2D%20When%20asked%20whether%20they,including%2071%25%20of%20White%20Americans.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Poll: 81% of Black Americans Want the Same or More Police Presence
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 03:39:55 PM »
I don't think I'm surprised at this. I'm betting the possibly small segment of blacks calling for defunding are either criminals or else see $$$ signs in some way (e.g., BLM). I'm betting a majority of poor to middle class blacks that are getting by like everybody else would like the police to show up if bad things are happening. Certainly wealthy blacks want LE and other security to protect their property.

That doesn't mean that they (like many of us here at APS) don't want some LE reforms, but I don't think they want them to go away or be repurposed as weaponless social workers.

Most of this "abolish the police" stuff really seems to be coming from dumbass white kids.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 05:06:52 PM »
Also, a disproportionate number of blacks are victimized by crime.  They have a much greater stake in effective policing than most other groups.  Asians being the least victimized might partially explain their lack of interest in police.

Approximate murder rates per 100,000 per the CDC:
Asians/Pacific Islanders: 1.68
Non-Hispanic Whites: 2.75
Hispanic Origin: 5.09
Non-Hispanic American Indians/Alaskan natives: 11.07
Non-Hispanic Blacks: 22.23

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 11:16:17 PM »
It is good to see a poll showing some sanity. 

The part no one talks about is they certainly won't give people the legal authority the take care of their own problems even while eliminating police.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 12:26:49 AM »
I'll believe it when I see them vote for the candidates that support the police.

Black Americans vote for Democrats overwhelmingly, over 90% easily.

As a matter of fact all minority groups vote for Democrats overwhelmingly.

I'm not sure there is even a minority group that drops below 80% support for Democrats.

Charlie Brown, Lucy, football, rinse and repeat.

I'd gladly be wrong this time if Trump squares the circle of Republicans and the minority vote.

I won't be holding my breath though.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2020, 05:07:41 PM »
If you look at the conditions how a good deal of blacks, hispanics, Amerinds, and poor whites live on the Government Plantation, I have been amazed at how those folks keep going back for more of the same patronizing, dehumanizing bullshit they are fed by the Ds.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw