Author Topic: Six Siblings of a Republican Congressman Endorse His Opponent in Campaign Ads  (Read 575 times)

MechAg94

• friend
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/22/us/politics/paul-gosar-arizona-family-siblings.html

Six of nine brothers and sisters of Representative Paul Gosar, Republican of Arizona, publicly endorsed his Democratic opponent in the midterm elections in videos on Friday, in what one of them said was nothing short of a moral imperative.
The Democratic candidate, Dr. David Brill, released the videos on Friday, drawing astonishment at the rare public display of a family fighting over political views (though it was not the first time this year) as well as jokes about what a Gosar Thanksgiving gathering might be like.
Family disagreements can go pretty far.

“My siblings who chose to film ads against me are all liberal Democrats who hate President Trump,” he wrote.

He then called his siblings “disgruntled” supporters of Hillary Clinton, saying they “are related by blood to me but like leftists everywhere, they put political ideology before family. Stalin would be proud.”
No love lost I guess.   =D

What impact the videos will have was unclear. The Cook Political Report rated the district as solidly Republican and Mr. Gosar won the district in 2016 with more than 70 percent of the vote.
So they did this even when it is unlikely to change the result. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Makes the Christmas list easy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

T.O.M.

• friend
And fewer fights over a drumstick at Thanksgiving...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Hawkmoon

• friend
I've heard it said that everyone has two families. One is the family you were born into, the other is made up of the friends you attract through life.

That's very true for me. Between the death of my wife in 2014, closely followed by a couple of major surgeries for life-threatening conditions, I've had it clearly shown to me that the family of my birth isn't much of a "family" at all. Thank God for real friends.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design