Author Topic: Germany bans paintball after school shooting  (Read 964 times)

zahc

• friend
Germany bans paintball after school shooting
« on: May 09, 2009, 01:35:35 AM »
Since we MUST do something and it MUST NOT be effective.

I find the kneejerk legislation even more absurd in this case because there is nothing paintball/airsoft related in the school shooting. It wasn't conducted with modified paintball guns, the shooter wasn't apparently an enthusiastic paintballer, and there wasn't a nearby paintball field, nothing. It's like "Germany bans analog watches in response to school shooting". If I read that I would believe it, I swear.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/5291891/Germany-to-ban-paintball-in-wake-of-high-school-shooting.html
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Germany bans paintball after school shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:51:55 AM »
The problem is that after years and decades of living in welfare/police state, the knee-jerk reaction of the population is to ban things.

Don't, for even one moment, allow yourself to be deceived by the optimistic illusion it's just the politicians. The population want this, and they're going to get this.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 07:42:49 AM »
Don't, for even one moment, allow yourself to be deceived by the optimistic illusion it's just the politicians. The population want this, and they're going to get this.

Segregation Prohibition now! Segregation Prohibition forever!
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

mfree

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 11:16:05 AM »
It's the "We have to do something!" thought pattern, even though "something" was done the day that murder was made illegal and a policing authority was recognized.

mordechaianiliewicz

• I Am The Oracle
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »
MicroBalrog is correct. I've known more than a few Europeans from France, Germany,Netherlands, Czech Republic, Norway, Sweden, and Ireland....

They look at the idea of armed individual self-defense as anywhere from laughably quaint to dangerously insane.

While more than a few of them might get into a scuffle, with each other or the gubmint (the French for instance have no problem with rioting... it's like a national pasttime to them), they refuse to use guns for the most part, and want the government to keep them disarmed. Most have told me they wouldn't trust themselves (let alone others) with guns. What I consider leftist mind drivel is just par for the course amongst the average European.

While I've taken a couple of them shooting, it's more like a novelty, and crazy "look at what I did in that wild America place" than anything else.

I'm convinced there are still Europeans who yearn for freedom, but at this point, I ask, can one be European in their heart, and want the kind of freedom championed by America's founding fathers? Doubt it.
"The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994[/size]

"I think the goal is one world government - we have not only the U.N. - we have the WTO, the IMF, the World Bank, then we have all the subisidiaries like NAFTA and hemispheric government highways coming in. I just hope an pray that we