Author Topic: How many slide projector trays do you need?  (Read 2124 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
How many slide projector trays do you need?
« on: June 10, 2005, 06:28:56 AM »
My mother-in-law recently gave me a Kodak slide projector and 9 trays (local Chamber of Commerce was cleaning out it's basement, she's an employee).  I don't think I need all 9 trays, but since I've never owned a projector, I can't be sure.  Two didn't come in boxes, and fit in the projector's carrying case, so I'll keep those two, but should I keep the other 7 or sell them?  Do the trays wear out or break easily?

Chris

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 06:43:33 AM »
I'd keep one or two on hand.. past the 2 that fit
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 06:50:51 AM »
You're STILL trying to noodle this trough?

Geez! Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 07:07:30 AM »
Well, I have't given any thought until last night (been way to busy to bother).  I pulled it out and tested it.  I was just trying to decide what to do with the excess.  I may hold on to 1 or 2 more than the first two.  I just don't want a whole stack of the things.

Chris

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:02:23 AM »
Damn you lead a challenging life....

Wild, out of control, alcoholic toddler, vicious attack dog, cruel and heartless wife who can't cook, house you'll never be able to get your money out of, and too many slide carousels...

Cheesy
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2005, 08:10:56 AM »
You left out lazy, shiftless, and chronically unemployed.

Chris

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 08:25:43 AM »
You left out lazy, shiftless, and chronically unemployed
You, sir, are my hero.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 08:27:58 AM »
"You left out lazy, shiftless, and chronically unemployed."

I didn't want to embarass you. Smiley

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 03:43:35 AM »
they are rare and not replaceable

how many AR15 magazines do you need?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 04:45:24 AM »
they are rare and not replaceable
How so?  I can find them all over the Internet for prices ranging from $5 each to $20 each.  On ebay, there are quite a few for sale and most close for less than $6 per tray.  

If they were hard to find or expensive, there would have been no question about keeping them.  But at current prices and availability, I'm not sure I need to keep a bunch around cosidering I don't shoot slides all that much (I have fewer than 300 slides total).  Though, now that I have a projector, I may start shooting with slide film more often...

Edit to add:  This is what's on ebay now http://search.ebay.com/kodak-slide-carousel_W0QQfromZR40QQsojsZ1

As of 06/12/05 10:00AM, there are quite a few that are ending with per piece prices in the $5 range.  B&H Photo will give me nearly that much without having to deal with shipping, etc (I'll be there later this week anyway).

Chris

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 06:04:47 AM »
If they still have the original box (or buy replacement boxes) they make a reall y dandy place to store slides.  IIRC, you can get about 60-70 slides per tray and you can just keep them in there for storage and they stack nicely.  With the quality of digital that one is able to gain now, film and slide photography is slowly going away.  Hell, you can even submit digital pics to magazine publishers that used to only accept slides.

Greg