Author Topic: 30...  (Read 2549 times)

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« on: June 12, 2005, 08:16:49 PM »
Well, I'm 30 today.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.  The 20's were full of adventure.  I've run Bible Camps, broken horses, (peeled one), gone to jail, made a death-march, won a few martial arts tournaments, was an air force cadet, learned how to walk again, fallen in love, proposed, got dumped, lived in 5 different states both north and south of the Mason/Dixon line, helped a lot of people, destroyed a few, almost killed my best freind (see the jail line above), found hope to win some major battles, learned who my friends were and weren't, and found out that I'm a lot stronger than I ever thought.

So... I turn 30 today.

What now?

Anyone got ideas for more adventures to be had in the State of MN (can't leave) and without a firearm (can't use/own/possess)?  I figured you guys could come up with some interesting ideas.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 09:08:57 PM »
[cynicism]

Youth is wasted on the young...

[/cynicsim]

Have you?

...jumped out of a perfectly good aircraft, relying on nothing more than a scap of silk to slow you fall?

...hidden behind a low nastly bush, the better to the drop on the "enemy" as he crawls past not more than a step in front of you?

...ground the foot pegs on motorcycle to sparks, rather then ride off into the abyess?

...watched the sunlight of dawn set fire the nightime webs of the spiders who live in the tree?

...listened to the birds mark the approach of an Elk through the trees, and only have him turn aside when he got too close and you tipped your hat to let him know you were there?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 09:18:55 PM »
At 30, like you, I masturbated intellectually about what I was going to do with the rest of my life.  At 33, I just want to fish more: I guess I'm not that deep!

"Happy Birthday".
Zeke

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 11:55:50 PM »
Happy birthday!

Gun Runner

• friend
  • Citizens United Negating Tyranny
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 11:59:56 PM »
Go to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) on a canoe/camping trip if you haven't yet!  

http://www.bwcaw.org/
"I once took the high road and it took me straight to hell, and I stood there all by myself" - III

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 12:12:18 AM »
Sindawe... I haven't done the skydiving or enemy thing.  Though in 7 years of a game of 'couselor hunt' played about every week for 8 yrs running, my hommade gillie suit (blanket based i don't have THAT much time) once meant that I got to lay perfectly still while 4 high schoolers sat within 2 feet of me and talked after they had given up hunting for me.  (30 minutes of discussion later when I stood up they were... upset.)
Spider thing... check.
Elk thing... I'll have to try that one.

Ezekiel:  We may not always agree, and sometimes we do.  But man oh man do you have a way with words.  "Masturbated intellectually".  I'm not sure what Art's gramma would think, but I'm definitely going to have to remember that one!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 04:27:57 AM »
Shortly after I turned 30 I started to want to enjoy more things in life, I didn't have to go out every Friday and Saturday night and get three sheets to wind and so forth. Realized that if you go to bed earlier well at least sober, that you can get up and enjoy the daylight hours so much more.

Charby
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 05:19:18 AM »
Happy belated..
I'll be turning 32 this Dec, and I think back at what I was doing when I was 22.
While I am no richer than I was back then.. actually deeper in debt :p
I feel I have a richer understanding of life and am looking forward to the next 30 years.

I'm working on learning to grow grapes.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

trapperjohn

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 05:39:03 AM »
dont think of yoruself as thirty, think of yourself as twenty ten:D
it still works for me at twenty eighteen:D:D
When gun owners love their guns more than freedom, we have a problem.

Preacherman

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 08:24:14 AM »
When I turned 30, I held a "Feast of the Passover" as my birthday party - passing over from youth to senility... Cheesy

Sixteen years later, I admit that I might have been a bit premature!
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 09:20:31 AM »
ROFL.  You guys are wonderful.  I'm currently kicking myself for taking some time off here.

Preach, was I supposed to wait until 30 to get senile?  Dang... I think I jumped the gun and started...

when was that again?

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 07:48:31 AM »
Now that you've turned 30, next year you will be 60.  Sorry to have to tell you that.Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Penman

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 08:02:16 AM »
'Yer a kid!

Just remember that once you're over the hill you start to pick up speed!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 08:46:57 AM »
I just turned 40 a couple of weeks ago.

Puppy. Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 09:54:14 AM »
I turned 47 last week.  You hstill ave a lot of living to do!  Camping in the Boundary Waters Area sounds like a winner.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame