Author Topic: California Pot Industry Warns of Imminent Collapse  (Read 1477 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: California Pot Industry Warns of Imminent Collapse
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2021, 11:06:17 PM »
So, how would one go about acquiring some good seeds?
That's a good question - it may not be too hard if you know where to look.

Back when I was in college, there was a newspaper article about a woman (then already elderly) who had been selling poppy seeds through ads in the back of various gardening magazines for decades. She thought these poppies were lovely flowers.

Opium poppies.  :O

She of course insisted she had no idea they were illegal - they were just flowers, after all - and IIRC there was no evidence she was involved in the opium/heroin trade beyond selling her flower seeds. Don't know what, if anything, happened to her legally. Even back then, the news media seldom published a follow-up piece. I suspect she was just told to cease and desist.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2021, 11:37:35 PM »

If I were buying seeds today I would use this guy

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2021, 10:04:45 AM »
That's a good question - it may not be too hard if you know where to look.

Back when I was in college, there was a newspaper article about a woman (then already elderly) who had been selling poppy seeds through ads in the back of various gardening magazines for decades. She thought these poppies were lovely flowers.

Opium poppies.  :O

She of course insisted she had no idea they were illegal - they were just flowers, after all - and IIRC there was no evidence she was involved in the opium/heroin trade beyond selling her flower seeds. Don't know what, if anything, happened to her legally. Even back then, the news media seldom published a follow-up piece. I suspect she was just told to cease and desist.

My late aunt was very much a flower growing person, she grew several varieties of poppies, I suspect at least one or two of them were "opium poppies".  She also grew castor bean plants as they are very ornamental. One summer she had a particularly nice stand of castor bean plants that were 8' or better, probably 20-30 plants. That year they were getting regular low and slow helicopter fly-overs out on their remote farm. I was there for one of them and they flew over low enough we could feel the rotor wash. We waved and motioned for them to come on down but they didn't.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2021, 10:06:20 AM »

I've got a friend that grows "breeding stock" for the local legal trade. He gets as much as $15 per seed for some of his stuff.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2021, 11:44:28 AM »
If I were buying seeds today I would use this guy

bob
Probably works out of a DEA field office.  :rofl:  (Kind of like buying Glock fun switches off of Amazon and expecting nobody will find out.   :facepalm:  )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain