Author Topic: Where's sense of crisis in a 17% government shutdown?  (Read 3601 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Where's sense of crisis in a 17% government shutdown?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 08:28:49 PM »
You're a little off.

It's getting on peak season here in VA and the rest of the Blue Ridge. People want to go look at all the pretty leaves.

Some folks are going to get hurt by this, who make money off the day trippers. I hope they get flaming mad at obama and his croneys for it too.

Unfortunately, many (most) of them won't. I just read an article in the local official liberal rag that had quotes from ALL the concessionaires for the National Park in the area. They were vigorously blaming "the Tea Party" and Boehner for their loss of income. NPS was "only doing their job".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »
Unfortunately, many (most) of them won't. I just read an article in the local official liberal rag that had quotes from ALL the concessionaires for the National Park in the area. They were vigorously blaming "the Tea Party" and Boehner for their loss of income. NPS was "only doing their job".

Well, I would guess that the rural south may have a diffrent political leaning ;)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 08:49:25 PM »
just read that 350 k go back to work tomorrow
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I