Author Topic: Interesting speech on diversity and nationalism...  (Read 694 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Interesting speech on diversity and nationalism...
« on: January 16, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »
by Vladimir Putin

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/19243

My impression after reading this speech is that he is probably a much smarter and wiser man than our president.

Also it is obvious he not only likes but loves his country, unlike our president who wants to unravel it and remake it into a progressive utopia (dystopia if you will).

The west better get its act together soon or real leaders of other nations will eventually mount a true alternative to "our" hegemony.

As an aside, I'm no fan of Putin and roll my eyes at all the bro love out there for him. As a potential adversary he probably isn't to be taken lightly.

This seemed to be more cultural than political so I put it here. If it needs to be moved I apologize.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
Re: Interesting speech on diversity and nationalism...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:24:11 PM »
. . . My impression after reading this speech is that he is probably a much smarter and wiser man than our president . . .
Setting the wisdom bar awfully low, aren't yoU?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 03:04:15 PM »
One a bit closer to America's Western tradition.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3643823/Enoch-Powells-Rivers-of-Blood-speech.html

For these dangerous and divisive elements the legislation proposed in the Race Relations Bill is the very pabulum they need to flourish. Here is the means of showing that the immigrant communities can organise to consolidate their members, to agitate and campaign against their fellow citizens, and to overawe and dominate the rest with the legal weapons which the ignorant and the ill-informed have provided. As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

The coast, so long desir'd (nor doubt th' event),
Thy troops shall reach, but, having reach'd, repent.
Wars, horrid wars, I view- a field of blood,
And Tiber rolling with a purple flood.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »
[Every country] has to have military, technological and economic strength, but nevertheless the main thing that will determine success is the quality of citizens, the quality of society: their intellectual, spiritual and moral strength. After all, in the end economic growth, prosperity and geopolitical influence are all derived from societal conditions. They depend on whether the citizens of a given country consider themselves a nation, to what extent they identify with their own history, values ​​and traditions, and whether they are united by common goals and responsibilities. In this sense, the question of finding and strengthening national identity really is fundamental for Russia the United States.

Spot on, and IMHO the statement applies much more to the U.S. than it does to Russia. It's tough to be a "nation" when we have millions of people living within our borders who think it's okay to burn our flag and that they have a right to fly the flag of whatever shithole they came from, and that we should either (a) become Mexico North or (b) adopt sharia law.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 06:15:55 PM »
by Vladimir Putin

http://en.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/19243

My impression after reading this speech is that he is probably a much smarter and wiser man than our president.

Damning with faint praise there.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.