Main Forums > The Roundtable

Bonhomme Richard ship fire was arson

<< < (2/8) > >>

French G.:
Hmmm, if accurately reported he got charged with willful hazarding of a vessel. That qualifies for death. The act did not regard the safety of all of those who fought the fire. It does not regard the future reduced level of support Marines on a hostile beach get from there being one less capital ship than there should be.

I was a firefighter on a very similar amphib and a carrier. Every fire was a good chance to go die because you cannot just pull back and watch her burn like the local VFD. And every ship has a few dirtbags like this that corrode the morale of the whole ship. Mad about some injustice and usually confined to the ship they act out. Sabotage equipment, set fires, maybe just smear poop on the walls. Or my favorite of tie a beacon on a bag of trash while underway and toss it overboard. Every time it happens a helicopter crew and a boat crew risk their lives no matter the weather to try to save someone. This wasn’t the first major intentional fire and it won’t be the last. No consequences.

K Frame:
OK, I stand corrected. Hazarding a vessel can be charged as a capital offense. Interesting.

RoadKingLarry:
I'd support taking the shitbag a few miles out to sea and pitching him over the side.

Same for this piece of human filth
https://www.foxnews.com/us/worker-who-set-fire-to-uss-miami-submarine-sentenced-to-17-years

French G.:

--- Quote from: K Frame on July 30, 2021, 10:41:12 AM ---OK, I stand corrected. Hazarding a vessel can be charged as a capital offense. Interesting.

--- End quote ---

Eh, you’re still not wrong. They wouldn’t pursue it and it has no deterrent effect at a federal facility years later. The military criminal justice system has fallen victim to TV and people who hold it to civilian standards. Eddie Slovik got a bum deal but there are good examples out there. Get the appropriate flag rank officers to sign off on it, shoot the guy and be done with it.

Angel Eyes:

--- Quote from: RoadKingLarry on July 30, 2021, 10:43:56 AM ---I'd support taking the shitbag a few miles out to sea and pitching him over the side.

Same for this piece of human filth
https://www.foxnews.com/us/worker-who-set-fire-to-uss-miami-submarine-sentenced-to-17-years

--- End quote ---

... and now we know what Jesse Pinkman has been up to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version